England V France

BROWNY

Hoping someone can help me !

I get into BKK on 13th June - the day of the big match (England v France), but before I decide which part of the country to head to I need to ensure i get to somewhere where the game is being shown.

Now, I am a fairly experienced visitor to Thailand and know that the kick-off of 2.00 am Thai time is going to be after most bars have closed.

So come on lads - where can a man see the game ? Anywhere in Bangkok ? or preferably Phuket ?

Thanks guys - I think some of you have confused "the beautiful game" for that wierd Egg Chasing activity.

I might take my chances and head south to Phuket - or play safe with Pattaya for one night (it MUST be on there !!)

It starts at 1:45am so it's pot luck as to where's open!!

The Game is on Sunday 13th of June @ 00:45 Thai Time Kick-Off (Portugal is 5(five) Hours BEHIND BKK Time and not 6 as is the case with the UK).

In Pattaya the Clinic (Soi Yamoto) will be open and big screen will be on.

Hadn't considered soccer - England -v- France is a RFU clash for me.

Can't help with BKK - different participation sports for me when I visit.

Not shown on UBCTV only on Thai Tv.

I thought SportsCenter Asia will show it...

lol.. sports centre asia is a news program, they will probably show the highlights the following day. :D

Actually, SportsCenter Asia starts at the exact time when the first game starts and ends when the game ends ...then the same thing for the 2nd game on the same day, so my guess is they show the entire game during that time. I could be wrong. What thai channel are they showing it live for sure? I've got to know .. :o

football?...why, it ain't even the season yet...don't start 'till sumtime in September...

Its the european championship of nations, not of teams in one country. Only happens every 4 years ..and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, kind of like christmas.

and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside,

Is it?

Football?

And I'm European, I should know.

After a few months, I guess what makes you warm and fuzzy will be "a bit" different.

And I thought you were a fast learner,... :o:D:D

I imagine sales of replica England shirts will go through the roof over the next month in Thailand !

Loads of Thai girls drooling over Beckham, and Thaksin cheering on Owen and Gerrard - his potential new investments !!

13/6 England v France 1.45 am Thai time

17/6 England v Switzerland 11pm

21/6 England v Croatia 1.45 am

ain't nothin' warm and fuzzy about large negro defensive linemen wanting to tear the heads offa their opponents

Tutsi, in football (soccer, in case you're tired :D ), and in Europe, black men are forward, not defensive.

Why?

Because they are faster.

Have you ever watched Olympics games?

"White" guys are not at the top of the list in terms of sprint.

Same for football,... :o

Hoping someone can help me !

I get into BKK on 13th June - the day of the big match (England v France), but before I decide which part of the country to head to I need to ensure i get to somewhere where the game is being shown.

Now, I am a fairly experienced visitor to Thailand and know that the kick-off of 2.00 am Thai time is going to be after most bars have closed.

So come on lads - where can a man see the game ? Anywhere in Bangkok ? or preferably Phuket ?

On your hotel TV . presumably you will be staying somewhere .

any reasonable hotel has a cable or sat connection ...

Unfortunately, all the bars/pubs will be closed by 2 am. I doubt very much that any exception will be made for Euro 2004.

There is just one possibility though, if one wants to watch it with some atmosphere'. The lobby areas of some big hotels are likely to have at least a medium-sized TV showing the matches and if you are lucky, they would be serving beer past 2 am. Just a thought.

Regards,

Jem