One year extension based on father of Thai child

Hello

Just a few questions regarding obtaining a one year extension based on being father of Thai child.

Currently here on single entry o visa which I obtained in Vientiane on January 8.

Need to get 2 month extension around early april.

My questions are can I apply for one year extension on the last 30 days of the extension or do I need a new single o entry.

My other question is I will have been here for 10 months if I can apply and have over 40k for them ten months but do I need to have 12 months bank statements. If not I can put the 400k in bank.

I have all other documents and have legalised the child through the courts. Thanks in advance 

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 60 day extension.

For the first one year extension application you only need a couple of months of 40k baht transfers from abroad to apply for the extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanvac said:

My other question is I will have been here for 10 months if I can apply and have over 40k for them ten months but do I need to have 12 months bank statements. If not I can put the 400k in bank.

Under the 'national rules' 10 months of transfers is more than enough for the first extension; however, some offices are playing by their own rules. As long as you have the 400K on standby you shouldn't have a problem. As a parent the 400K only needs to be in the account on the day you apply - no 2 month seasoning is required.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Under the 'national rules' 10 months of transfers is more than enough for the first extension; however, some offices are playing by their own rules.

Can you show a report of that happening?

The police order clearly states only one is needed.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you show a report of that happening?

The police order clearly states only one is needed.

There is at least one office that has reportedly refused to process extensions using bank transfers. Others that have quibbled over the number of transfers. As is often the case there is no single answer that fits all. We know what should happen, but that doesn't always play out in reality.

Regardless, districts/offices have a certain amount of autonomy and whatever they say goes regardless of what is written in the 'police order', which is not so much an 'order' but more of a guideline. The only realistic way to override an office decision would be to appeal at national level because the regional office would almost certainly support - or be dictating the rules to - the office.

The rule book that sits in every office goes way beyond anything published in the public domain.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 60 day extension.

For the first one year extension application you only need a couple of months of 40k baht transfers from abroad to apply for the extension.

I have question ...I have a multi non-o,  that expires end of april 2020.

My last 90 day let me stay till 16 april.

Do I go to immigration 1st of april (last of 30 days of my visa) or on 16-17 march = 30 days before I have to leave again ?

thanks

5 minutes ago, justin case said:

I have question ...I have a multi non-o,  that expires end of april 2020.

My last 90 day let me stay till 16 april.

Do I go to immigration 1st of april (last of 30 days of my visa) or on 16-17 march = 30 days before I have to leave again ?

thanks

Make sure you understand the difference between the visa and your permission to stay. The expiry date of your visa specifies the last date on which you can enter Thailand to get a fresh 90-day permission to stay. The permission to stay determines when you must either leave the country, or apply for an extension of your permission to stay.

Presumably, you have decided not to get a final 90-day stay from the visa which would postpone the need for the extension.

You can apply for the extension of your permission to stay up to 30 days (more at some immigration offices) before the end of your current permission to stay.

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Make sure you understand the difference between the visa and your permission to stay. The expiry date of your visa specifies the last date on which you can enter Thailand to get a fresh 90-day permission to stay. The permission to stay determines when you must either leave the country, or apply for an extension of your permission to stay.

Presumably, you have decided not to get a final 90-day stay from the visa which would postpone the need for the extension.

You can apply for the extension of your permission to stay up to 30 days (more at some immigration offices) before the end of your current permission to stay.

I think Joe made clear before, if I would go for a final 90 -day (out/in, which I don't want with CORONA scare), I will have no chance (as no valid visa anymore) to try to extend (for a year) in Thailand Immigration and will have to leave Thailand anyway and eventually get a Visa on Arrival (if Thailand does not change rules and consider my country EU as DANGEROUS) and deny my that...

I and my child have been living in constant fear if immigration (did not want to help last year to extend my visa - was still married, now divorced) at that time with a solution to be able to stay in Thailand by changing visa, which seem to be impossible (tm86 or 87) when you still have a visa...

so, apparently, I will have to go today or tomorrow to immigration and see if they feel like giving me a year extension for my current multi non-o...

my ex-wife is the problem ... Child and I still live (by court agreement which my ex had no intention to honor) in her house, but she refuses to give me:

- her signed Id card 

- her signed tabien baan

So I can guess what immigration will say:  no VISA for you, go fly and get corona for all they care

30 minutes ago, justin case said:

I think Joe made clear before, if I would go for a final 90 -day (out/in, which I don't want with CORONA scare), I will have no chance (as no valid visa anymore) to try to extend (for a year) in Thailand Immigration and will have to leave Thailand anyway and eventually get a Visa on Arrival (if Thailand does not change rules and consider my country EU as DANGEROUS) and deny my that...

As I posted above, the dates on your visa are completely irrelevant as far as applying for an extension of your permission to stay in concerned. There is no problem applying for a one-year extension of your permission to stay from any of your entries.

if I would go today / tomorrow, in my last 30 days, I will be Songkran and office closed.

Does it have to be 30 days before my last day of permission to stay ?  during ?  how close to 16 april would I "dare" to go to immigration to try ?    will they not give me a -30 day extension - under consideration stamp even I would go a week before Songkran ? 

or am I, once again, mistaken ?

I wish I could hire an agent to sort this out, but I and my child have to appear in person anyway for this kind of extension...

I would prefer to go early april, in case they deny (again) whatever I ask and then at least I can get (for sure) a 60 day visa extension to visit my child, which I don't want to use a month in advance...

Last time I asked for an extension of 60 days to visit my child, they counted it on the day on application and not after my extension of stay based of being married at that time ... they first did, then gave me a big FAT VOID on that one and counted on the day of application or asked me to come back in a month... 1000 baht taxi trip every time ... 

55 minutes ago, justin case said:

if I would go today / tomorrow, in my last 30 days, I will be Songkran and office closed.

Does it have to be 30 days before my last day of permission to stay ?  during ?  how close to 16 april would I "dare" to go to immigration to try ?    will they not give me a -30 day extension - under consideration stamp even I would go a week before Songkran ? 

or am I, once again, mistaken ?

I wish I could hire an agent to sort this out, but I and my child have to appear in person anyway for this kind of extension...

I would prefer to go early april, in case they deny (again) whatever I ask and then at least I can get (for sure) a 60 day visa extension to visit my child, which I don't want to use a month in advance...

Last time I asked for an extension of 60 days to visit my child, they counted it on the day on application and not after my extension of stay based of being married at that time ... they first did, then gave me a big FAT VOID on that one and counted on the day of application or asked me to come back in a month... 1000 baht taxi trip every time ... 

Assuming you do not want a final 90-day permission to stay from your visa, you can apply for the extension at any time from today up until April 16. [Technically, since April 16 is a holiday, you are allowed to apply April 17, but that would be suicidal.]

Ok thanks for the advice

normally I kinda accepted my ex will continue to make our life difficult, but with this corona panic/scare on top ...

not that immigration suddenly will make everything more easy... this after 10+ years of extension while being married without problems (for immigration), means nothing, sadly...

I only want to be in Thailand for my child, raise, take care... 

ps: we wanted to go back to our home country, but again, ex does not want (to help)... she came to visit her child, in hours, the last 365 days : a good 4 hours total

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, justin case said:

ps: we wanted to go back to our home country, but again, ex does not want (to help)... she came to visit her child, in hours, the last 365 days : a good 4 hours total

You could try for sole custody through the courts. This would allow you to take your child out of Thailand without the mother's consent.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

You could try for sole custody through the courts. This would allow you to take your child out of Thailand without the mother's consent.

been quoted 300-500.000 baht retainer from SHARK lawyers with vague billing for different people and services (6000-15.000 baht an hour, court appearences at 25.000-75.000 baht a pop, on top of that) and either the judge will see no reason to change to sole custody -  from shared now 

or just dismiss the case,

is what I hear from more HONEST lawyers than to promise you a possible win that will never happen = 500.000 baht in the garbage, on top of everything...

the stories you here that a farang wins sole custody, is when he BOUGHT the child from the poor mother that loves money the most and sees the child as an inconvenience for further love life...

my ex and her family has 10-50x more money than me, but THE BAG OF THE DEVIL IS NEVER FULL

and this is just about revenge (my child chose to live with me and for good reasons) and FACE of that FAKE FAMILY that did not even bother, any of them, to come to visit their grand child...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update

I went to Phuket Immigration this morning. Arrived at 10am thinking that was the time they open. Obviously I was very wrong and there was a lot of people there already.

It wasn't pleasant . I tried to go upstairs to extend my single o entry for 60 days and IO stopped me. I explained what I was doing and he just said come back tomorrow too busy. I said I had my child with me and he told to wait. After 5 mins he told me to go up.

I told my partner and child to wait near the bike parking out of the way.

After nearly an hour wait I seen a female I0. I received the 60 days but she told me that my 40k international transfers for one year extension had to be 12 months and 400k had to be seasoned for 2 month. There was no leeway on this. I have visa till 6th of June and because Monday is holiday here she did say as long as I have it in the bank by Tuesday 7th I can apply when I return in 60 days.  Luckily I went 4 days before my current visa is up.  Am now rushing around trying to get the 400k in Thai bank by tomorrow to be on the safe side. Besides all the paperwork and legalization papers which I have what other things do I need 

6 photos with child  3 in and 3 outside the house 

Map of residence

Rental contract 

Anything else thanks