Land borders and Covid

My 90 day non O finished tomorrow, I need to leave and return. Originally I'd planned to go to Australia, but today self isolation has been announced so I won't be leaving.

Are any of the land border affected by Covid? I have used Poipet without problems in the past, even re-entering on the same day, however I am now concerned.

I will be driving either back to Bkk. Does anyone have experience with the other Thai/Cambodian borders?

I have not seen any reports of problems at land border crossings related to corvid 19. 

Ban Laem is a better crossing than Poi Pet.

From Bangkok the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar in Kanchanaburi is a good crossing and is the nearest to Bangkok. No need tor a full page visa sticker to enter Myanmar. Just a couple of stamps after paying 500 baht for a border pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not seen any reports of problems at land border crossings related to corvid 19. 

Ban Laem is a better crossing than Poi Pet.

From Bangkok the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing to Myanmar in Kanchanaburi is a good crossing and is the nearest to Bangkok. No need tor a full page visa sticker to enter Myanmar. Just a couple of stamps after paying 500 baht for a border pass.

Thanks Joe. I have one full page left in my passport. Non imm o multi. Need to do visa run soon. So just to clarify, I do not get a Myanmar sticker or visa stuck into my pp at the above crossing, only entry/exit stamps so 1 page should suffice to include this plus Thailand stamps?

3 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Thanks Joe. I have one full page left in my passport. Non imm o multi. Need to do visa run soon. So just to clarify, I do not get a Myanmar sticker or visa stuck into my pp at the above crossing, only entry/exit stamps so 1 page should suffice to include this plus Thailand stamps?

That is correct. For goodness sake make sure you replace your passport as soon as possible. With the current, fast evolving situation, you do not want to be in a position of being unable to travel because of a full passport.

12 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

These are the stamps you get at Phu Nam Ron. No Burmese visa required.

15843260123482545676548566195236.jpg

For various reason I went to Ban Laem which turned out to be a bit trickier than expected. First Thai immigration was really going through my passport. The officer came out, we spoke in Thai a bit and when I mentioned having a WP he let me go through.

Then on the Cambodian side they were checking my name against various lists and I had a bit of trouble getting them to allow me to leave on the same day.

I think the main issue was that I had Arun - Poipet stamps, so they were suspicious as to why I didn't go there. Once I explained not wanting to fly it made a lot more sense. Also, being dressed nicely at such an isolated border may have looked strange.

But now I have a 90 stamp and even if I'd done the self isolation in Australia I may have had trouble coming through.

Edited by mixed
Additional text

28 minutes ago, mixed said:

For various reason I went to Ban Laem which turned out to be a bit trickier than expected. First Thai immigration was really going through my passport. The officer came out, we spoke in Thai a bit and when I mentioned having a WP he let me go through.

Hi. When was this?