Border Run

Wanting  to go to Savannakhet Laos next week to get a new Non Imm 0 visa married with children as mine expires 30th March

Have any forum members been there in the last few days to give any updates, feedback mainly about getting back into Thailand without any hiccups likes medical notes to get back etc. As I don't really want to enter Laos and not be able to get back to Udon. I have messaged a forum member and he has given me some sage advice. Any advice /information will be gratefully received. 

Thanks in advance. 

>> I just PM-ed you 2 reports from TVF-members that did apply for the 1-year MultiEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa in Savannakhet.

They are not recent but both are less than 4 months old, and contain a wealth of practical information (opening hours - application tips, etc.).

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin Bligh said:

Thanks for the re{y but I forgot to mention my original post the visa is a single entry. 

Do you presently have a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa?

Normally that kind of Visa is the starting point for your in-country 1-year extension.

If you don't want to apply in country (maybe because you do not meet the extension requirements), you can indeed exit Thailand and re-apply in a neighboring country.

When re-applying at the Savannakhet, HCMC or Penang consulate you then have the option to apply for a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa (2.000 THB) or a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa (5.000 THB).  The requirements are identical (except for the price of the Visa), but obviously the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa is much more convenient if you do not intend to apply for the in-country 1-year extension at your local IO. 

8 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Do you presently have a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa?

Normally that kind of Visa is the starting point for your in-country 1-year extension.

If you don't want to apply in country (maybe because you do not meet the extension requirements), you can indeed exit Thailand and re-apply in a neighboring country.

When re-applying at the Savannakhet, HCMC or Penang consulate you then have the option to apply for a 90-day SingleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa (2.000 THB) or a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa (5.000 THB).  The requirements are identical (except for the price of the Visa), but obviously the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O - marriage Visa is much more convenient if you do not intend to apply for the in-country 1-year extension at your local IO. 

Thanks Peter what are the requirements for the extension in country 

4 minutes ago, Kevin Bligh said:

Thanks Peter what are the requirements for the extension in country 

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

That is the important requirement. The rest is just paper work.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Then do the extension near the end of it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

That is the important requirement. The rest is just paper work.You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Then do the extension near the end of it.

42 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

See UbonJoe's response as well as his list I attached here.

1122881058_MarriageExtensionRequirements2.pdf 41.52 kB · 0 downloads

I thought the proof of income letters from Embassy's were stopped.

36 minutes ago, Kevin Bligh said:

I thought the proof of income letters from Embassy's were stopped.

Only for those from 3 countries (USA, UK and Australia).

Those 3 have to show 40k baht monthly transfers from abroad for proof now.

• Like 1