USA Portfolio

How is  your portfolio doing?  I have a relatively conservative portfolio where I invested for dividends and interest.  However, my NLY and AGNC REIT stocks are down almost 50%.  Across the board, my total portfolio on paper is down $-229,000!  A few weeks ago it was worth 1.2 Million!  Luckily I have no need to cash out as I am still working, will have plenty of passive income, etc.  So as far as panic selling I don't have to sell low.   But man, I never thought I would experience a 20% drop in a few weeks.  I hold a lot of ATT (T) and that has gone down, but I added a few hundred shares on this big drop because I am sure the company is solvent and I love the dividend.

I hold mostly funds spread globally, managed by 5 star managers, on average I'm down 11% although UK smaller companies is down 24%. Am happy to sit and wait and am looking for bottom but I can't even begin to see it yet, I know exactly what I'm going to buy when I do.

Thanks OP for honestly. 

I am down also but not worried have plenty of assets.

This is the time where many will falsely say:  "I got out months ago."

Trying to make you think they are so smart and knew all this was coming.

Oh, then they will say they got in the day the market turns.

Haha. Sure..

• Thanks 1

I have everything in a total market US stock index fund so from cigar-chomping 1.5 millionaire now to my nose barely above 1 mil and rediscovering the joys of the 7/11 fridge.

25% gone in the blink of an eye. But I've seen this before, 2001, 2008. It'll come back. I'm sure it will. Yes. It will. Please. Yes.  Yes, it will. It must.  

I need to rest. Be back.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 2