half lockdown Malaysia from march 18 to march 31

i have one question,i have a flight from Hua Hin to Penang Monday 23 march,and i read that Malaysia is now in half lockdown since march 18,until now i have not yet any cancellation received about my flight and i don't want to go and be blocked in Kuala Lumpur of quarantine ,have anybody experience about this,because i need go to make a new visa,i can flifgt may be but no go out the airport

Thank you

The IATA still has this on their site. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

"MALAYSIA - published 18.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Malaysia.
- This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to permanent residents of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic passport.
2.Nationals and residents of Malaysia are required to be self-quarantined for 14 days."

I suggest you contact the airline you are flying to Penang on about your flight.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The IATA still has this on their site. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

"MALAYSIA - published 18.03.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter Malaysia.
- This does not apply to nationals of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to permanent residents of Malaysia.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic passport.
2.Nationals and residents of Malaysia are required to be self-quarantined for 14 days."

I suggest you contact the airline you are flying to Penang on about your flight.

no answer since 2 days from Air ASIA,no phone number only a virtual chat

I just got back yesterday (18th) on what I believe was the last Air Asia flight out of Penang to Bangkok.  A very lucky escape, there's nothing half about their lockdown down, absolute nightmare!  No way will you get into Malaysia now until at least 31st unless you are Malaysian.

I had flights booked for 20th (the original return date) and 19th (one I booked just in case).  Was emailed about both by Air Asia, both subsequently cancelled.  Luckily there was space still on the flight on the 18th that was still allowed to arrive / depart.  No flights now to Malaysia until at least 31st.  

As an aside anyone stuck there wanting to get back to Thailand may be able to get back on Thai Smile until Saturday 21st.  I'm guessing they're flying in empty and coming out full (as the last couple of flights nearly are) with Thais and others desperate to get home to Thailand or just out of Malaysia to avoid being locked in.

Edited by SooKee
  • Sad 1