30 day visa extension via Laos

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a extension.

But you may have to apply for a visa for Laos at their embassy or the consulate here after today to enter there.

im kinda confused .... so meaning i can come back to thailand for the 30 days visa exempt ?  

their borders at nongkai are still open right 

When you enter Thailand you would get a 30 day visa exempt entry if you qualify for one.

Extensions can only be applied for at a Thai immigration office 

The border crossings to Laos are open but you cannot get a Lao visa on arrival. You may be able to apply for a visa at the Lao embassy or consulate here.

10 minutes ago, superatoz said:

thanks , i do get 30 day visa exempt entry , however if i just stay for few hours in laos and get back to thailand will that work ? 

do i still need apply for a visa  

must have visa. you cannot just go to Lao right now. You will be unable to get a visa on arrival and be turned away. You must prepare prior, either go to lao embassy in bangkok or do an online evisa which takes 3 business days to obtain (if they are still allowing this option)

Edited by at15

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, sounds like you entered Thailand on visa EXEMPT 30 day. Have you extended that?

You can obtain extension at Thai immigration for 1900 baht. No need to exit Thailand.

no im here on 90 day NON IMM O , i have no idea what that means . its expiring soon on first week of april 

1 hour ago, superatoz said:

no im here on 90 day NON IMM O , i have no idea what that means . its expiring soon on first week of april 

With so little info about type of Visa (marriage or retirement), as well as about your intentions re staying in Thailand it is difficult to provide sound advice.

But if you are in Thailand on a 90-day Non Imm O Visa - and you intend to stay here long-term, you can apply at the local IO of the place where you want to stay for a 1-year extension.  The requirements are different for an extension for reason of marriage or one for reason of retirement.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:06 PM, Peter Denis said:

With so little info about type of Visa (marriage or retirement), as well as about your intentions re staying in Thailand it is difficult to provide sound advice.

But if you are in Thailand on a 90-day Non Imm O Visa - and you intend to stay here long-term, you can apply at the local IO of the place where you want to stay for a 1-year extension.  The requirements are different for an extension for reason of marriage or one for reason of retirement.

Im here on a marriage visa . im holding a Singapore passport 

what should i do ?  very worried about travelling now ... 

19 minutes ago, superatoz said:

Im here on a marriage visa . im holding a Singapore passport

what should i do ?  very worried about travelling now ... 

In an earlier post you wrote that your Non Imm O Visa expires April 5.

Since you just confirmed that it is a Visa based on marriage to a thai national, you can in the last week that it expires, apply at your local IO for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

Your local IO might require when you apply for the extension that you are compliant with TM-30 regulations (meaning that the property where you are staying has filed a TM-30 form to the local IO stating that a foreigner - you - is staying there).  If not, I will provide you with a step-by-step instruction that allows you to register the place where you are staying on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file the TM-30 of you staying there on-line.

7 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In an earlier post you wrote that your Non Imm O Visa expires April 5.

Since you just confirmed that it is a Visa based on marriage to a thai national, you can in the last week that it expires, apply at your local IO for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your wife.

Your local IO might require when you apply for the extension that you are compliant with TM-30 regulations (meaning that the property where you are staying has filed a TM-30 form to the local IO stating that a foreigner - you - is staying there).  If not, I will provide you with a step-by-step instruction that allows you to register the place where you are staying on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file the TM-30 of you staying there on-line.

hi , have sent u a Dm

14 minutes ago, superatoz said:

hi , have sent u a Dm

Fyi - I got a visa exempt at savsnnakhet yesterday but it was work.

I was told borders were closing by everyone I encountered send they did not want to let me out of thailand or into laos or even out of laos for that matter.

I had documentation for a non o, but I was told embassy is shut for all visa applications.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1155294-wnated-to-aplly-for-non-immigrant-o-family-in-savannakhet-and-ended-up-crossing-for-an-exempt-sunday-march-22/

Edited by CantKeepAGoodManDown