Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases in highest daily jump

rooster59

#BANGKOKSHUTDOWN

The Bangkok Governor has ordered the closure of the following from March 22 to April 12:

Shopping malls
Restaurants except for takeaway/delivery
Spas and salons
Non-food markets
Swimming pools
Amusement centers
Internet cafes

During the #BANGKOKSHUTDOWN the following will remain open.

Supermarkets
Convenience stores
Pharmacies
Fresh food markets

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

How did this spread to so many people attending this boxing event ?

all from possibly one person ?

I find that hard to believe - were they all touching each other 

Its obvious this virus is airborne. But no govt or even the WHO wants to admit it. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

#BANGKOKSHUTDOWN

The Bangkok Governor has ordered the closure of the following from March 22 to April 12:

Shopping malls
Restaurants except for takeaway/delivery
Spas and salons
Non-food markets
Swimming pools
Amusement centers
Internet cafes

During the #BANGKOKSHUTDOWN the following will remain open.

Supermarkets
Convenience stores
Pharmacies
Fresh food markets

Is he allowed to call it a shutdown now ??? Surely it's just some services "unavailable" 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

If they increase the deaths the Thais will shìt their pants.

If you read the comments on FB when they live stream the day's info people are absolutely petrified

Spot on .. There is a lot of doubt about the figures of the number of infected anyway and even more about the number who may have really succumbed to it .. And the present administration have form for being economical with the truth .. The coming days will be revealing and telling if the proliferation pattern follows Europe where in some countries cases are doubling every 48/72 hrs .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

If they increase the deaths the Thais will shìt their pants.

If you read the comments on FB when they live stream the day's info people are absolutely petrified

Surly that should be the focus, to make people <deleted> themselves, pay attention and take this situation as serious.

They state though that only one person has died this far from the effects of the virus; I actually believe them. With social media as it is now-a-days it would be very difficult to hide the fact that more have perished through Covid-19. Not easy to cover up deaths no matter how many conspiracies are floating about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Surly that should be the focus, to make people <deleted> themselves, pay attention and take this situation as serious.

They state though that only one person has died this far from the effects of the virus; I actually believe them. With social media as it is now-a-days it would be very difficult to hide the fact that more have perished through Covid-19. Not easy to cover up deaths no matter how many conspiracies are floating about.

How would anybody know?

Pneumonia or lung infection on the death cert would be pretty normal and Thais aren't going to pay for a test to be done on a corpse

As I said earlier, show me a breakdown of deaths in Thailand in Jan, Feb, March

Only if one of those 366 (current number tested positive at present) die will it count in the death column

Edited by Canuck1966

12 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Is he allowed to call it a shutdown now ??? Surely it's just some services "unavailable" 

What about supermarkets, pharmacies and fresh food markets inside closed shopping malls; one assumes they will be accessible......... ????        

4 minutes ago, Solidpoo said:

Its obvious this virus is airborne. But no govt or even the WHO wants to admit it. 

According to some scientists it has the ability to stay airborne for "a few hours".

https://www.mdlinx.com/internal-medicine/article/6487

Thats a lab study under artificial conditions, and its not widely agreed upon as it hasn't been studied enough to come to a certain conclusion, but it doesn't sound very likely that more than 30-40 people touched the exact same spot (with a few tiny drops) where the infected person was at the muay thai fight, even when being crowded. Its possible, but not very likely. What's more likely is that it is airborne, abd it doesn't need to be airborne for long to go pass dozens of people at a crowded event.

But it hasn't been definitely proven yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

what statement have I made up? 

You were making a statement, that clearly showed you believe lung infections and pneumonia is being used wildly to hide the real cause of death.

Nice try and well hidden, but spotted.

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'd love to interrogate the causes of death in Thailand in the last few months.

Make some nice pivots tables and pretty graphs.

I think lung infections and pneumonia would be quite prevalent

Have been for many decades ...

Now the virus has gone viral ...

10 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

All will be resolved next week when the hundreds of thousands of monks countrywide (maybe there are a million) all start chanting. That will kill the virus off for sure. It will probably die of laughter!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we the Vatican involved ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

image.png.12ef11a55088689f4ac6baccd7173d4e.png

Updated the latest numbers into graph to visualize the trajectory of pandemic.

The top graph shows 411 cases from 2 cases In 45 days. So from dy/dt=ky we have Y(45) = 2e^k45 =411. However I get the constant k = .118 Then y(45) = 2e^5.325=410. Unfortunately if you calculate for 60 days = 2375 cases in two more weeks. This is only the math from the current givens. 

Yep, very eloquent and very clear, the pictures say all that needs to be said. Read them and weep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

I really don't understand why the government have not yet moved to stage 3? What more has to happen before they finally realise they MUST close the borders

The tourists must return and apologise for abandoning Thailand in the hour of it's fiscal need.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1