Panic buying in Bangkok: Shopping frenzy before shutters come down

Jonathan Fairfield

The gift of fear and people will do anything. There is no logic in panic buying The supermarkets will not close but still the people do it. Why?

In Australia the government had worked it out To get the population onside with fear they use to spread fear and it worked 

In the 1960s " Commies under your bed"  That was to get justification to get Australia into Vietnam war 2/ WMD  That was to get Australia into Iraq war with justificatin 3/ Children overboard  That was spread by the government to stop illegal immigrants entering Australia so the government was returned  because they had the best policies This virus is differnt ok Its very real but if people just relax carry on normal life stop panic buy and we will all live to fight another day. I dont fear this virus because fear is not going to rule me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Grammar seems to have gone to pot all over the place here and just because the world as we know it is ending ,  it is no excuse for sloppy posts. Apostrophes are a real horror show. That said I've just pushed Netiquette Rule 3. 

It was actually a joke that had absolutely nothing to do with the spelling of NCC;
some members on this forum will obviously understand it. :giggle:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grifbel said:

Fixed it up for ya bro'.

3. If possible, please proofread your post first. Poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However, be aware that not every member is a native English speaker, and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar, not only hijack the topic, but are poor netiquette.

Good job.  I have passed your username along to my friend Bob (Dylan).   I am sure he

will know who to contact next time he writes .

As far as making rules for writing on forums,  I think i will stick with my style of writing.

i for one am much more interested in substance than grammatical correctness. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:00 AM, Chazar said:

was at  Bluport yesterday, everything fine the big  food  mall downstairs w as 100%  stocked went on to Market  village  same same..............bought two pairs of non edible trousers although with a  fine chianti I could  have a  nibble

Yes , summer drawers on.   I thought up a new anti virus mask idea , a pair of my wifes drawers Looked ok on the head except where she scratched her a**e too mutt.  No too sure what might happen with the wind. 

21 hours ago, CLW said:

Expected chaotic scenes yesterday while buying fresh chicken at Tops market in Bangkok. Business as usual. I would say even less people. All shelves well stocked.

As posted somewhere else , all quiet on the northern front ................so far . Less folk shopping , staying in.

• Thanks 1