Public urged to trust “Team Thailand” to lead the fight against COVID-19

rooster59

if all the preventive measures introduced are followed strictly and with the public’s full cooperation.

And if that coincides when pigs are flying over a blue moon on the day of a free and fair election.

Chances of all that happening simultaneously in Thailand ? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001%

(or maybe there should be a few more zeros )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah sure, after decades if not centuries of cheating, lying, covering up, scamming, we'll are going to trust "Team Thailand", all you needed to do was to ask.

Trust is an interesting thing. It takes ages to get, yet it can be destroyed in seconds. People don't understand it's value. Thais never had it so can't really blame them.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Trust is an interesting thing. It takes ages to get, yet it can be destroyed in seconds.

Trust is interesting, something I have given a lot of thought to, it's indoctrinated in us from a very young age to trust those in authority, we were taught to trust Police, Doctors (nothing personal!) & Clergy, life has taught me that none of the preceding are due any more trust than the people who collect the garbage.

The Thai education system (indoctrination) teaches them similar with en-thesis on trusting the higher ranking to the point of ridiculousness, there are some very disappointed Thai people at this time, surprisingly so, they are still waiting for some action, the trust in "government+" was low anyway, now its irreparable, but what can they do - at this time? Last question is posted on behalf of my wife, who keeps asking me this question! ????

28 minutes ago, CGW said:

Trust is interesting, something I have given a lot of thought to, it's indoctrinated in us from a very young age to trust those in authority, we were taught to trust Police, Doctors (nothing personal!) & Clergy, life has taught me that none of the preceding are due any more trust than the people who collect the garbage.

The Thai education system (indoctrination) teaches them similar with en-thesis on trusting the higher ranking to the point of ridiculousness, there are some very disappointed Thai people at this time, surprisingly so, they are still waiting for some action, the trust in "government+" was low anyway, now its irreparable, but what can they do - at this time? Last question is posted on behalf of my wife, who keeps asking me this question! ????

Ah yes, I completely forgot about the indoctrination and brainwashing. What I meant was acquired trust, not the artificially inserted cognitive hooks into the minds of the vulnerable.

What can they do? Gather as much information as they can and practise critical thinking. It's the ultimate "up to you".

Peaking next week? I'm kinda doubtful in that regard.

Maybe wishful thinking but that statement was made without closing the bus stations prior to announcing closures of a broad range of Bangkok businesses.

All the people, unfortunately poor people lacking resources crowded in all terminals creating the perfect environment to spread the virus upcountry and to a number of elderly in the process.

I have a feeling that unless you die at a hospital you will not be counted in the epidemic.

Really quite a tragedy.

infections to spike in the next couple of days, before stabilizing and then reducing after a week

Not sure what he's been smoking. Even if you locked every single person down right now, which is impossible, you'd still see cases rising for up to 2 weeks. The previous health minister doesn't seem to be that much better than the current one 

• Like 1

One of the main criteria for prevention is good hand washing. In more than twenty five years here, I've never seen a Thai wash their hands properly after using the toilet. Most have a quick rinse with jutr water (NO SOAP!!), and others just don't bother at all, even after taking a dump.
Unless they are shown how to do it properly by public information films, this crisis will get very serious here, very quickly.