Songkran cancelled = immigration open between 13 - 16 April 2020 ?

If Songkran is cancelled, does it mean immigration will be open between 13 - 16 April 2020 ?

With the closure of shopping malls till 12th of April 2020, I wonder if banks soon will follow.

If I cannot get my bank letter for immigration and my last day allow in Thailand is on the 16th of April 2020...

Immigration will be open from the 13 to the 15 since those holidays have been canceled. Banks will also be open on those days since the BOT has removed them from the bank holidays list.

Banks will remain open since the are considered to be an essential service if there was a complete lockdown. Banks could close some of their small branches at malls department stores and etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Banks will also be open on those days since the BOT has removed them from the bank holidays list.

Banks are closed where I live ... checked in a small mini shopping mall : all restaurants closed, banks closed

checked in robinson : everything closed except TOPS, banks closed

if it is everywhere, it will be impossible to get a bank letter IMMIGRATION demands

local tesco : out of eggs, out of meat, out of bread, those dirty "fast" noodles

Edited by justin case

24 minutes ago, justin case said:

Banks are closed where I live ... checked in a small mini shopping mall : all restaurants closed, banks closed

That is for the Bangkok lockdown.

The main branches will be open tomorrow. Some small stand alone branches not in malls or department stores might be open today.

• Like 1