Advice Needed

scooty

Sawasdee,

I am planning to book my wife a flight from Thailand to UK. I am trying to find out if Thai airways flights from Udon Thani to Bangkok are flying to the old or new airport?( have problem trying to spell suvanambhuni).

I have read that thai air are now flying to Don Muang but on the Thai airways website it says that the flights are still going to the new airport. does anybody know for sure which airport the flights will arrive at for sure?

Thanks for any help

It looks like Don Mueang....

Looking on the website I see the following:

UDON THANI

Don Mueang - Udon Thani

TG1002

06.15-07.20

Udon Thani - Don Mueang

TG1003

08.00-09.00

Don Mueang - Udon Thani

TG1010

12.25-13.30

Udon Thani - Don Mueang

TG1011

14.10-15.10

Don Mueang - Udon Thani

TG1014

20.20-21.25

Udon Thani - Don Mueang

TG1015

22.05-23.05

Hope this helps....

Edited by tolsti

Yo thanks for the replies that is really great information. i cant believe that i have just looked on the thai airways website via google search and the times it gave me from Udon to the new airport are departing Udon at 8.20/13.55/ and 20.20. something is badlly wrong somewhere.

i will check again , but thanks a lot for the reply.

regards scooty

ive just checked the Thai airways site again and the same old info is there. i cant believe that they havnt updated the site. But if i try to book a flight to the new airport it wont allow me to , but there is no information to say that they are now flying to Don Muang. thank god for thai visa website and the boys who post on it i say.

ive just checked the Thai airways site again and the same old info is there. i cant believe that they havnt updated the site. But if i try to book a flight to the new airport it wont allow me to , but there is no information to say that they are now flying to Don Muang. thank god for thai visa website and the boys who post on it i say.

Dont know what site you are looking at but thaiair.com has a purple box on the right "Thai's operations at Don Mueang Airport" if you click on that you will go to a page with the announcement of the change and if you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to "Flight Schedules" it's all there.

You might notice that if the flight number has 4 digits it flys in & out of Don Mueang, if it has 3 digits it flys in & out of the new place.

It must be more convenient to fly with Air Asia if the flight times are OK who currently still fly to the new place

Dont know what site you are looking at but thaiair.com has a purple box on the right "Thai's operations at Don Mueang Airport" if you click on that you will go to a page with the announcement of the change and if you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to "Flight Schedules" it's all there.

You might notice that if the flight number has 4 digits it flys in & out of Don Mueang, if it has 3 digits it flys in & out of the new place.

It must be more convenient to fly with Air Asia if the flight times are OK who currently still fly to the new place

Thats where I got the flight times from when I posted them..... hope you're all sorted out now. Have a good trip.

i thought i had better mention , i spoke with my wife today who is in Thailand and she told me that she checked with air asia and she was told that air asia fly to don muang and not suvarnabhumi.

Not according to their web site. Flights are still routed to BKK which is Suvarnbhumi, if it were Don Muang it should be the code DMK. There are also no announcements of a change on their web site.

Anybody know for sure?

Sawasdee all,

i thought i had better mention , i spoke with my wife today who is in Thailand and she told me that she checked with air asia and she was told that air asia fly to don muang and not suvarnabhumi.

Air Asia ONLY flies to/from Suvanabhumi

Edited by Krub

Hmmmm, what can i say?

ill call my wife again later and tell her she must be wrong and to tell her to go and check again. maybe someone gave her the wrong information, but she is sure that air asia said they fly to don muang.yes i looked on air asia website and they say they fly to suvarnabhumi.

Hi all,

just to confirm i finally got my daft wife to call air asia again today. Yes they do fly to Suvarnabhumi and not to Don Muang. She insists that she was told by someone from air asia in udon Thani that they now fly to Don Muang. mai pen rai.

Hi all,

just to confirm i finally got my daft wife to call air asia again today. Yes they do fly to Suvarnabhumi and not to Don Muang. She insists that she was told by someone from air asia in udon Thani that they now fly to Don Muang. mai pen rai.

no ploblem !