Legally Working In Uk With A Settlement Visa

Jim,

The visa itself should be evidence enough for your wife to get a job. Once she starts work she can apply for the NINo. Alternatively, if she applies for the NINo before she starts work, she may be asked to demonstrate that she is actively seeking work.

Scouse.

Jim,

The visa itself should be evidence enough for your wife to get a job. Once she starts work she can apply for the NINo. Alternatively, if she applies for the NINo before she starts work, she may be asked to demonstrate that she is actively seeking work.

Scouse.

After the heart warming scandal of illegal immigrants cleaning Home Office premises, it came to light that NI numbers were being given to illegals without any enquiries being made.

Since then I understand it's been tightened up considerably and I have heard similar tales from two friends where the NI office said that could not issue a number until she had got a job and employers were saying they couldn't offer her a job because she didn't have an NI number.

I fear it may not be easy but wish you luck.

Andre

My wife and I arrived in the UK last May, I previously drove a mini bus for an employment agency and went back to that again, the agency gave her a job staraight away. Once she started work I rang the number for NINO, and arranged an appointment for my wife at the nearest ofice. She had to wait a few weeks for the interview but it was all very easy, and the agency gave her a letter confirming that she was working.