Jobs opportunities college

Hey guys and girls I'm a bit lost ATM. I've been to Thailand the last two summers and met a beautiful girl and fell in love with Thailand. Last couple of years I tried topping myself as life in Ireland is <deleted>. My ex barely lets me see my two kids as she's a control freak. Anyway being in Thailand made me feel the best I've ever felt in years and I really need to move to Bangkok or Pattaya. I work as a carer ATM I'm young enough at 31 and would do good in the entertainment/pub industry. The girl I fell for is in Pattaya and I know I'll get a bad response but she makes me happy. Thailand makes me happy. How do I go about getting a job/visa 

• Sad 1

The only thing you can do is be a teacher.  You don't need any qualifications so long as you are white.  It's all about the appearance.

But you need a woman you can trust.  She will have to help you with paperwork and <snip> immigration.

I started off working at small private schools in shopping malls.  They employ anyone.  You get a small salary but it is enough to pay bills and rent for a condo.

As far as immigration is concerned you just pay them money.  Money for a visa extension and repeat it for 6 months.  Than get a student visa.  Than go to university visa.  Then get a work permit.

The large shopping small have private schools.  So just apply via email.  Government schools are still an option.  Most of them employ anyone that is white.

But you need people you can trust to discuss finances and paperwork.  If you have a young girl she will not know anything and you will locked in with a bunch of retards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnray said:

The only thing you can do is be a teacher.  You don't need any qualifications so long as you are white.  It's all about the appearance.

But you need a woman you can trust.  She will have to help you with paperwork and the scum at immigration.

I started off working at small private schools in shopping malls.  They employ anyone.  You get a small salary but it is enough to pay bills and rent for a condo.

As far as immigration is concerned you just pay them money.  Money for a visa extension and repeat it for 6 months.  Than get a student visa.  Than go to university visa.  Then get a work permit.

The large shopping small have private schools.  So just apply via email.  Government schools are still an option.  Most of them employ anyone that is white.

But you need people you can trust to discuss finances and paperwork.  If you have a young girl she will not know anything and you will locked in with a bunch of retards.

Thank you so much I have a friend from Ireland who thought art in Bangkok. I'll give him a shout. And some thai people in Pattaya. Much appreciated for your help and genuine response 

55 minutes ago, Pauldoyle1009 said:

Hey guys and girls I'm a bit lost ATM. I've been to Thailand the last two summers and met a beautiful girl and fell in love with Thailand. Last couple of years I tried topping myself as life in Ireland is <deleted>. My ex barely lets me see my two kids as she's a control freak. Anyway being in Thailand made me feel the best I've ever felt in years and I really need to move to Bangkok or Pattaya. I work as a carer ATM I'm young enough at 31 and would do good in the entertainment/pub industry. The girl I fell for is in Pattaya and I know I'll get a bad response but she makes me happy. Thailand makes me happy. How do I go about getting a job/visa 

mate ... if you have tried topping yourself I suggest you get some mental health help before giving it all up for your new pataya girlfriend 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

mate ... if you have tried topping yourself I suggest you get some mental health help before giving it all up for your new pataya girlfriend 

Yeah mate. I have no intention now. On the tablets and seemed help and was told I need to do what is best for me and Thailand is that 

3 minutes ago, Pauldoyle1009 said:

✌️ How old are you ? Let me guess 50 retired. Yeah I'm sad and confused and living in the biggest <deleted>hole. Why can't I get some happiness too and find a job or course somewhere that makes me happy 

Hang in there, pal, dreams can come true! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

so she's a bar girl for hire  555

Like your mum she's having great fun lol a little bit of non fun iMessage and boom your born. You come to Asia to look for happiness but every bird Cheats on you for a Asian with a bigger dick. So you sit on Pattaya beach talking <deleted> on thaivisa because you have nothing else 

Edited by Pauldoyle1009
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pauldoyle1009 said:

Like your mum she's having great fun lol a little bit of non fun iMessage and boom your born. You come to Asia to look for happiness but every bird Cheats on you for a Asian with a bigger dick. So you sit on Pattaya beach talking <deleted> on thaivisa because you have nothing else 

Second sentence is impossible.

We are all far larger in that department - apart from the Irish, of course.

*note to Irish members, this is a joke*

You thought about g4p?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pauldoyle1009 said:

with such type of attitude wonder why the mods let it go......sure you don't mind that I report your post

Go for it Thailand is great for someone like you where your wife is ruining your life and using your kids to aid her in this process.

If you don't have big issues like alcohol dependency then it's great!

If you have a degree you can teach legitimately. 

If you have 2 million baht you can establish a company and get yourself a work permit. Run your own business. 

If not work in Ireland and travel to Thailand as often as you can.

My ex stopped talking to me more than 2 decades ago when I discovered LOS.

Stay strong never consider stopping yourself  you have too much to live for.

On 3/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, Pauldoyle1009 said:

My ex barely lets me see my two kids as she's a control freak

The witch will have planted her evil in your 2 kids.

If you love them, go back to Eire, fight to be there for them.

Teaching English in Thailand is the sort of ghetto you should avoid at all costs. The only people who will suggest it are other teachers, but all the other expats roll their eyes because we see what a struggle they have, always broke. To put it in Irish terms, if you are having a drink with a few expats and there is a teacher in the group, they rarely get their round in.

The actual buying power of what farang teachers get paid had already been badly impacted as prices have rocketed and taxes have increased in Thailand. The current emergency is going to hit Thailand a lot harder than most countries. After it, prices will be a lot higher and parents will have a lot less money to spend on English lessons.

Just to be clear, some qualified teachers in international schools are paid a lot but you will not be in that category.

Instead, try to quickly develop some skills you can sell online. That will give you far greater flexibility and you will generally earn more in an hour than most mall teachers earn in a day. Completely ignore any bitter morons who claim you cannot work online without a work permit, they are clueless.

I see you have a sharp sense of humor. Usually, I would suggest writing to a native English speaker, but your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are pretty bad. You need all of those (not just for writing, but for almost any decent job these days), but the most important ingredient for creating interesting articles is having an interesting way of looking at the world.

I would suggest that, if you already have the sense of humor, rather than waste a lot of money on a TEFL course, go and learn the spelling, grammar, and punctuation that you did not bother to learn in school. Your motivation now is that this is how you will bankroll this new life for you and your girlfriend. These days, there are loads of tools to make writing easier, but you do need to have your own solid understanding if you want to make a good living from it. Learning how to write well makes you far faster.

If you can write articles that are interesting / shareable, you will never be short of orders. I specialize in attention-grabbing articles, usually with a twist of dark humor, designed to stoke controversy. Clients love that traffic. I fit all my writing, client communication, and business admin into 4 hours each morning, 5 days a week, producing 5 articles earning at least €220 each, so, just over a grand per week. It is not a fortune, but it does allow me to a pretty easy lifestyle with the freedom to go wherever I want. I could double my work hours and double my income, but 20 hours per week is the right amount for me.

My rate is €0.20 per word plus €10 per image but I've been doing it for a few years and have built up a reputation for a certain type of article, and have a healthy waiting list of clients. As long as I keep sitting down for those 4 hours every morning, I will never be short of work. Starting out, you should aim for around €0.10 per word. A thousand word article should take you around 8 hours. Expect long working days at the start, because you have to work out all the payment logistics, market yourself, weed out the bum clients etc. Never, ever, ever, ever work for free or at a discount. Your rate is your rate. The low-end market is for Indians and Filipinos, there is no point even trying to compete with them or dealing with scumbag clients.

At €0.10, if you can hammer out and sell two good thousand-word articles per week, that would work out at just over 7,000 baht per week. That is probably more than most mall teachers earn but, really, is not enough for any quality of life in Thailand, so, keep pushing your business and improving your craft.

Edited by donnacha

Also, don't burn all your bridges in Ireland.

Once you've spent a few years in S.E. Asia you will come to realize that the fresh air, gorgeous scenery, rational driving, and relatively uncorrupt police are all absolute luxuries.

If I was starting out in Asia now, I would not invest so much time into Thailand. A lot of people are in denial about this, but the Age of the Farang in Thailand is drawing to a close. Certainly, take a close look at the other countries in the region, in particular Vietnam and the Philippines.

Also, to be completely candid, be as clear-eyed as possible about your girl. Always remember, there are plenty of smart, sweet, gorgeous, healthy girls all over Asia, some without herpes. The majority of Thai girls come with baggage, not least their families, but bargirls are pretty much always a bad idea. You have already had a heart-breaking experience in Ireland, don't use this fresh start to line up more catastrophe for yourself. Give yourself a break. Find a decent girl, whose entire extended family tragically died in a van accident, and make some babies with her.