Emergency act?

Galomir

Hi, I'm pretty new at posting here, don't flame me if this was already discussed. My goal is not to fear monger but to raise the question. 

My Thai girlfriend just texted me from work. Her friend is working at a "news Thai office" (asked for clarification) and called her saying the government will make use of an emergency act for 5months  to compell people to stay home. 

Does anyone have heard something similar or a clue what this emergency act is/would be or should I just relax and have a beer ? 

Edited by Galomir
  • Thanks 1

well... this would give one a virtual feeling of being in New York, London, and many Euro countries

search wide online, and read/see the feedback of the many incumbents interviewed by streaming... 

Individuals will still be able to go to shop for food

Go for lonely jogs in the Park 

Sing National Anthems from the Balcony...  

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Don't know nothing about it and ...... well even if it's true you just accept it and manage as best you can.

What are you scared of ...  ? 

i don't trust what any friend of a gf says especially in Thailand.

Thanks for your reply. Afraid? Not too much as long as I'm not stopped outside while catching some fresh 2.5 particles. My knowledge of this country is still developing and as you said, hearsay here.... Reason why I was curious if some had corroborating info. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Don't know nothing about it and ...... well even if it's true you just accept it and manage as best you can.

What are you scared of ...  ? 

i don't trust what any friend of a gf says especially in Thailand.

Lot  of total and  utter  bs going   around at the moment.......wife  just  called me told  me now ALL farangs IN  Thailand  must have 3  million baht insurance for covid according to HER  FRIEND, told her thats  ballcocks its  for NEW  arrivals in to Thailand from over seas etc  who must have $100000 which equates to about 3  million and also a  letter of being covid  free

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Galomir said:

Does anyone have heard something similar or a clue what this emergency act is/would be or should I just relax and have a beer ? 

thank you for this info.

very similar to other topics that were started about people being told about the Bangkok shutdown and then it happened.

go to Reddit with it also.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

The government engaged the emergency contagious disease act some time ago, and it was posted in the Royal Gazette. So that is sitting there waiting for their use any time that they feel it is required. For sure, the government will need to take decisive action at certain points, but it will not be the apocalypse, just some serious inconvenience. Not understanding this is some serious denial.

37 minutes ago, Galomir said:

If they want to do it they will, they have access to tanks, attack helicopters and guns!

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

It's all very well declaring things like this, and my UK and others countries are rolling out support for people, for rent , for free food delivery, for access to food etc. BUT, what is Thailand suggesting for its people - will it roll out free food and money who will have no income for 5 months ? Some people live hand to mouth . day by day. I think it will never work in Thailand, people will die from starvation with no income to support themselves. Government doshing out a thousand baht for a family a month will be a joke ! Recycling people will starve, lottery sellers will starve - Thailand economy will be destroyed - maybe that's good for the junta thoug

mate, priorities..

BOT ready to pump Bt1 trillion into ailing financial markets

capiche?

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:
2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Nothing like a newbie posting scaremongering third party hearsay to set off another pointless 30-page thread.

I'm sure you can account for half a page!

I'm sure that you will be able to back up your claim that I post scaremongering, third party hearsay.  Let's see it.