Drunken Farang Beaten Senseless By 8 Thai Men........

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 9th 2007

Fight in Walking Street

After a drunken foreigner had an argument with a clothing vendor he was beaten up by some men in the middle of Walking Street.

At 4.30 am on 8th April the Pattaya Police received a report that a fight had occurred in Soi 14 – Walking Street and a foreigner was reported to be injured so quickly rushed to the scene.

On arrival Mr. Car, aged 40, nationality unknown, was in a drunken condition with a lot of bleeding head wounds. No one could understand his statement so the Sawang rescuers aided him and then took him straight to the hospital.

Witnesses stated that this foreigner has been drinking and walking around Walking Street since about 8.00 pm – visiting various bars in that area.

He then walked into a clothing shop and came out arguing with the owner. He walked into Soi 14 after the argument and was followed by 7-8 Thai men who proceeded to violently beat him up.

The police recorded the statements and started investigating. At the moment all that is known is that one of the men was wearing a motorbike taxi shirt and he should be from a queue around that location.

PCN says he was pissing in public - mototaxi lads told him stop - he got abusive and then he got beaten down by them. :o

I can just hear that conversation,

"Hey, Stop pissing are we are going to stomp the piss out of you!"

I wonder what they told him when they realized he was bleeding all over the place?

PCN says he was pissing in public - mototaxi lads told him stop - he got abusive and then he got beaten down by them. :o

I can just hear that conversation,

"Hey, Stop pissing are we are going to stomp the piss out of you!"

I wonder what they told him when they realized he was bleeding all over the place?

Well at least it only took 10 of the brave young lads.

Edited by JimmyTheMook

PCN says he was pissing in public - mototaxi lads told him stop - he got abusive and then he got beaten down by them. :D
He then walked into a clothing shop and came out arguing with the owner. He walked into Soi 14 after the argument and was followed by 7-8 Thai men who proceeded to violently beat him up.

Perhaps he was pissing inside the clothing shop.

Funny how the report says 7-8 and then another poster ups it to 10. Perhaps the next poster after that will up it 15? :o

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 9th 2007

Fight in Walking Street

After a drunken foreigner had an argument with a clothing vendor he was beaten up by some men in the middle of Walking Street.

At 4.30 am on 8th April the Pattaya Police received a report that a fight had occurred in Soi 14 – Walking Street and a foreigner was reported to be injured so quickly rushed to the scene.

On arrival Mr. Car, aged 40, nationality unknown, was in a drunken condition with a lot of bleeding head wounds. No one could understand his statement so the Sawang rescuers aided him and then took him straight to the hospital.

Witnesses stated that this foreigner has been drinking and walking around Walking Street since about 8.00 pm – visiting various bars in that area.

The police recorded the statements and started investigating. At the moment all that is known is that one of the men was wearing a motorbike taxi shirt and he should be from a queue around that location.

i've not been in the pattaya area that long and i've already witnessed (3) of these mob beatings where a gang of thais beats a single foreigner senseless. it is a frightening spectacle to see. yes, some tourists come and behave badly. but what i witnessed bordered on hysteria with thais coming running from down the street to get their cheap shots in. be careful out there. you see these catch phrases at the end of all these stories. (a)the foreigner slapped a thai child, (b)the foreigner defaced a buddha image,© the foreigner urinated on the motorbike taxi,(d) the foreigner made disparaging comments about the thai nation when i read the news accounts of the events i witnessed. it made me think the reporter made half of the story up. how else can you save face and excuse 10 people from beating a drunk senseless. it happens all too often here. be careful.

As far as the counting must of been locals doing it. I can only use reference to how many times

I have had to explain the amount on the bill was incorrect or the change was a bit short. I

guess they are not good with the numbers thing.

The clothes salesman may of told the guy it was water proof, so of course he needed to check it out.

Edited by Khun ?

Pattaya is a great place to live.. Just dont get into arguments! or any trouble of that matter! :o

that was my main point. you don't even want to get in a heated negotiation with vendors here, especially if you're alone because most likely you will walk around the corner and get jumped by 7-8 thais. and they can get away with it usually without any questions being asked. sure, sometimes they do the right thing and sometimes they're drunk themselves or cranked up on amphetamines. pattaya isn't like the rest of thailand. thais that stay here a long-time have short fuses and a little latent resentment.

Edited by cali4995

He was pissing in public, what stpid retarded..

Another fkcd up whitey losing our faces here

What planet are you from? Apart from the comment being :o There is no reference to race here at all. It sounds likeyou have a big "chip" on your shoulder :D

Not any more than the countless "stpid retarded" Thais I've seen doing it all over the country...

And another 7-8 brave and surely sober and model-citizens browneys ready to gang up and savagely beat up a single drunk Westerner.

I wish news of this kind were prominently and extensively reported in the foreign press complete with Thai-style gore pictures of the aftermath for the foreigners and the final legal outcome for all the parts involved.

It may help tremendously to "educate" (like many here seem to wish) the "stupid" foreign tourists on both how to behave while in the "Land of Smiles" and what really means being in a 3rd world country with a 3rd world culture and 3rd world laws, police force and judicial system...

while i simply cannot advocate the use violence at anytime, i do wish newbie farrangs were given a mandatory crash course on thai culture and pattaya (and the girls...).

rule 1: keep your shirt on. :o

rule 2: not all TG are BG. :D

while i simply cannot advocate the use violence at anytime, i do wish newbie farrangs were given a mandatory crash course on thai culture and pattaya (and the girls...).

rule 1: keep your shirt on. :o

rule 2: not all TG are BG. :D

I agree - but what does that have to do with this story? I don't recall reading about the guy doing either of these two?

It may help tremendously to "educate" (like many here seem to wish) the "stupid" foreign tourists on both how to behave while in the "Land of Smiles" and what really means being in a 3rd world country with a 3rd world culture and 3rd world laws, police force and judicial system...

Well put!!

IMHO The sad thing is a crash course in the traditional Thai culture has no real use with educating newbies about the local lads in the holiday areas around the LOS. It is not part of the Thai culture to gang up and beat senseless single tourists, but it does happen in areas where large groups of people get together with booze, girls and other attractions, It is not part of traditional British culture, but pick on a local in Blackpool or a lad from a Fairground troop and it will happen. This is the message folk should be told, traditional Thai culture is a graceful. peaceful thing. But Patters, Samui, Phuckit and other " entertainment areas in the wee small hours aint no different to anywhere else in the world, act the fool, upset the locals and shi-t will happen.

IMHO The sad thing is a crash course in the traditional Thai culture has no real use with educating newbies about the local lads in the holiday areas around the LOS. It is not part of the Thai culture to gang up and beat senseless single tourists, but it does happen in areas where large groups of people get together with booze, girls and other attractions, It is not part of traditional British culture, but pick on a local in Blackpool or a lad from a Fairground troop and it will happen. This is the message folk should be told, traditional Thai culture is a graceful. peaceful thing. But Patters, Samui, Phuckit and other " entertainment areas in the wee small hours aint no different to anywhere else in the world, act the fool, upset the locals and shi-t will happen.

I agree that we shouldn't educate (warn) tourists with fairy tales on the graceful and peaceful traditional Thai culture, we should educate them by showing real life examples and situations.

And in case you don't know, in the average Thai's everyday life fights and broader conflicts are not normally resolved by recurring to the police force and the judicial system, they are resolved by the involvement of relatives, friends, contacts and money. And outside of the bigger centers ("Patters, Samui, Phuckit") it's (and it's always been) even more the norm.

And that's talking about Thai-on-Thai situations. When a (preferably white) foreigner is involved, it's not a rare thing to witness bystanders who have f.uck all to do with the matter jumping to the help of their fellow Thais in the trashing of already vastly outnumbered foreigners. That's something I have yet to experience in a so consistent way in any 1st world country. I doubt for example that a minor road accident in Blackpool would possibly result in 8 local passersby beating up a single Thai/foreigner. You are of course free to provide proof of the contrary but I just know for a fact that such a thing has never happened in the big tourist destination, medium sized Italian city I am from.

What planet are you from? Apart from the comment being :o There is no reference to race here at all. It sounds likeyou have a big "chip" on your shoulder :D

The same one as you, you smartie.

Where else could it be ? Venus ?

I've seen way too many foreigners here disrespecting Thai people and its culture, regardless of being White, Chinese or Mexican.

Maybe you're one of them, like today I saw this Japanese guy getting pissed off at the Thai girls who tried to throw water at him.

It was funny to see this dude saying Sorry and acting like a girl. But firstly acting all tough against innocent ladies who tried to throw water at them.

It's quite a lot that they deserve to get beat up as I always see it on the news, besides the ones who get shot.

Deserved.

Why don't these macho men use Muay Thai to beat up drunks? It would be more impressive than having a gang beating up one person. :o

they "do" use muay thai, and if you've ever seen 10 thais kicking/punching a defenseless drunk their doesn't seem to be much "sport" to it. i think BAF summed it up perfectly, it is their way of solving conflicts so you sure don't want to get involved in one if you're alone. sure, some of these visitors here act horribly and you can say they deserve what they get. but it seems "excessive" when you see it.

Edited by cali4995

Why don't these macho men use Muay Thai to beat up drunks? It would be more impressive than having a gang beating up one person. :o

They already use it.

No wonder why we see these news of foreigners getting beaten to death.

Deserved.