British Embassy starts issuing support letter for visa extensions

webfact

British Embassy starts issuing support letter for visa extensions

By The Phuket News

1585028828_1-org.jpg

The British Embassy in Bangkoik is now issuing the COVID-19 visa extension support letters. Image: Gov.uk

PHUKET: The British Embassy in Bangkok has announced that it will issue support letters for any visa type so that British nationals stuck in Thailand can extend their stay in the country instead of having to risk infection by travelling either back home or to another country.

UPDATE: In a message sent to The Phuket News today, it was confirmed that the letters being issued support extensions to stay for any type of visa.

“The British Embassy can issue a letter to support applications to extend existing visas. Those holding a tourist visa should first apply for a 30-day extension at an Immigration Office,” said the notice issued on the Gov.uk website for the British Embassy in Thailand. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-embassy-starts-issuing-support-letter-for-visa-extensions-75412.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-24

Just now, offset said:

I think the immigration already know most people cannot fly home but they have to have some paperwork to put in your file remember TIT

yes one letter from the UK embassy to cover all UK citizens 

This is not the time for more stupid red tape - it's time to think outside the box

• Like 1

Yep, a simple letter for all british nationals in Thailand sent to to the head of immigration and passed on to all immigration offices would be a better choice.

There is no way im going home and risking infection or passing it on to my parents who are 65 years old.

I need to get 60 days extenion on monday, so i will wait to get this letter until the 60 days are nearly up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

yes one letter from the UK embassy to cover all UK citizens 

This is not the time for more stupid red tape - it's time to think outside the box

Yes I agree with you but why not just let you e-mail your request for an extension from immigration that will ready be thinking out of the box

19 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

are these support letters free or what?? Everyone else is milking us dry So why not the embassy? 

Plenty more garden parties to pay for once corona is done with. 

Didn't see you at last year's party Liverpoolfan. Only Arsenal fans allowed!

Cue hatemail

54258079_10214363960758200_3403147234252947456_n.jpg

54434722_10214363961038207_8605877510602752_n.jpg

54525683_10214363961958230_1413532732784377856_o.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Didn't see you at last year's party Liverpoolfan. Only Arsenal fans allowed!

Cue hatemail

54258079_10214363960758200_3403147234252947456_n.jpg

54434722_10214363961038207_8605877510602752_n.jpg

54525683_10214363961958230_1413532732784377856_o.jpg

Looks like a dreadful occasion.

glad i didnt get an invite. 

whats with the car???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Why don't they just issue a blanket statement that covers all UK citizens instead of this nonsense - write one letter to the Thai head of Immigration stating that UK citizens cannot travel home - no need for any of this stupidity

Sensible point, except that Thais do stupidity so well, and talent should never go to waste.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Everyone else is milking us dry..."

What?   Who "is milking us dry"?

Did you miss the post this morning about the foreingers in Phuket being fined through no fault of their own???

guess you did.

Edited by Liverpoolfan

4 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:
15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Everyone else is milking us dry..."

What?   Who "is milking us dry"?

Did you miss the post this morning about the foreingers in Phuket being fined through no fault of their own???

guess you did.

I did; thanks for the link.  

But, as regards my question, who is "milking us dry", then?  Who is the "us" and how have you been "milked dry"?

Edited by Just Weird

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

But, as regards my question, who is "milking us dry", then?  Who is the "us" and how have you been "milked dry"?

Forget it mate.

not even gonna bother.

59 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Do they email them....phuket to BKk how....bus...OK, let's just infect another few thousand

Downloaded forms have been rejected by immigration, they want the original document . 

Reports today of people going to immigration with a downloaded form and getting rejected and just getting 7 days 

20 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:
25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Forget it mate.

not even gonna bother.

Thought so!  No one is milking us dry.

26 minutes ago, connda said:

Lt Col Udom Thongchin told The Phuket News that his office has no authority in the matter. “Everything is up to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok,” he said.

Yes, and they've given you instructions go give people 30 days visa extensionsd, even without an Embassy letter and as many as they want 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Downloaded forms have been rejected by immigration, they want the original document . 

Reports today of people going to immigration with a downloaded form and getting rejected and just getting 7 days 

Since this only went 'live' today, I doubt that today's rejections are due to the British Embassy email/letter being denied.

There's so many 'downloaded forms' going around, who knows what one they fronted up with?