Where to get a Non-O based on retirement?

I’m currently on a 30 day VE entry.  Tried to apply for a conversion to non-O visa at CM, but failed because they do not allow income method, only 800K in bank.  The IO suggested I apply for non-O outside Thailand.

So where is best/cheapest/safest place to do this?  What are the requirements?  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

OP you have zero chance.

Your living in a bubble. Do a Google search along lines of border closures etc.

With 800k in bank you could of done conversion of your visa exempt to a non imm o (retirement) inside Thailand. 

BTW the io gave you stupid info to obtain non o outside of Thailand. 

Return to your own country and have a shot in the future.

Hi, I just PM-ed you a comprehensive guideline on how to apply for or convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa and subsequent extension.

In the present Virus-situation applying for the Visa in a neighboring country will almost surely not be possible.

When applying in-country using the 800K in bank method you would need to do this 15 to 21 days before your present permission to stay expires. 

If the 8ooK in bank method is not possible now or even later, you would need to apply for a 30-day  extension of stay, which will be no problem.  And afterwards apply for additional extensions based on the present Virus-situation, until there would once again be an opportunity to apply for the Non Imm O Visa in a neighboring  country.

• Thanks 1

Non-O Visas are "for sale" via agents for some immigration offices for 15K baht.  They are 25K baht with the 1-year extension included.  Could be a bit more in Chaing Mai.  This is "why" the rule-changes on income - too many people qualified "by the book," but now have to go see their agent-partners.  Some offices denied income for Non-O Visas, even before the changes, for this reason.  They must be going hog-wild, in this situation, with so many over a barrel.