Daniel Craig Wanted To Play Superman Or Spider-Man As A Kid, Not James Bond

snoop1130

Daniel Craig Wanted To Play Superman Or Spider-Man As A Kid, Not James Bond

BY HOLDEN WALTER-WARNER

ukiu.PNG

Daniel Craig may be a James Bond star now, but one of the things he really wanted to be when he was growing up was a superhero like Superman or Spider-Man.

Craig has played arguably the most famous character in cinema history for the past decade and a half.

With his Bond-playing days nearing their end, however, Craig is ready to wax nostalgic about what he wanted to play as child, perhaps hinting at what's he's interested in playing in the future.

While not a superhero franchise, the James Bond franchise has been around for decades, generally assuming the position as the most memorable role for each actor who has played him, much in the same way superhero roles are what certain actors are remembered for. 

Full Story: https://screenrant.com/daniel-craig-superman-spiderman-james-bond/

13 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

I like his edgy James Bond character.  Connery will always be my #1, but Craig is a solid #2.  

Nah. It goes:

1. Connery

2. Moore

3. Dalton

4. Brosnan

George Lazenby

Craig somewhere between brosnan and lazenby

Edited by sukhumvitneon

11 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Nah. It goes:

1. Connery

2. Moore

3. Dalton

4. Brosnan

George Lazenby

Craig somewhere between brosnan and lazenby

Moore, Dalton, And Brosnan were jokes.  Lazenby was a rip off. 

12 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Moore, Dalton, And Brosnan were jokes.  Lazenby was a rip off. 

I think OHMSS had a great story but Lazenby's lackluster performance tanked the film.  Moore had the best delivery for the one liners and I think he was the funniest of all the Bond actors.  Brosnan is a good actor but he was terrible in the Bond role and all of the Brosnan movies were awful except for maybe Goldeneye, even having Jonathan Pryce as Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies just wasn't enough to save it. And Desmond Llewelyn considered Timothy Dalton to be the most faithful portrayal of Bond from the Fleming novels

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/obituary-desmond-llewelyn-1133864.html

9 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

I think OHMSS had a great story but Lazenby's lackluster performance tanked the film.  Moore had the best delivery for the one liners and I think he was the funniest of all the Bond actors.  Brosnan is a good actor but he was terrible in the Bond role and all of the Brosnan movies were awful except for maybe Goldeneye, even having Jonathan Pryce as Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies just wasn't enough to save it. And Desmond Llewelyn considered Timothy Dalton to be the most faithful portrayal of Bond from the Fleming novels

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/obituary-desmond-llewelyn-1133864.html

I knew Brosnan personally.  Back when he was Remington Steele, the TV detective  I had a horse ranch on the Eastern edge of LA County, and Brosnan had a role where he had to chase a crook across a park on horseback.  His manager brought him out to my ranch and I taught him how to get on and off a horse without looking like a dunce.  We went out to dinner afterwards in this Basque restaurant.  And I teased his then British wife of not speaking proper English.  All fun.  And yes, he was a very good actor, just not James Bond.