Mainland China reports rise in new coronavirus cases, all from overseas

webfact

9 minutes ago, donnacha said:

I honestly cannot figure out what you are attempting to communicate here.

I mean, sure, I understand that it is some form of virtue signaling, but the whole thing is quite a mess.

A useful technique is, before you starting typing, work out what you want to say and try to imagine that you are saying it to someone who is unable to read your mind or understand your more obscure references. Jot all that down on a piece of paper, and then wait until you sober up.

You've just wiped out half of TVF. !!!

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, Orton Rd said:

Does not tell us that most of those from 'over seas' are returning Chinese taking the virus back to where it originated. The CCP are just trying to imply it's a foreign problem now- we had it beat and the foreigners infect us now, liars.

No they aren't. They are all overseas Chinese and that was made plain. Mainly from Italy.

Perhaps if you read the full article you'd learn what was actually said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny how when the stock markets were soaring and they could buy any sort of cheap sh*t from China these newly enobled freedom lovers and carers about human rights were noticeably silent. Now they roar back into life apeing their master's voice drunk on the comments section of Breibart with their new found organic principles. Pathetic really. The money they spend in their retirements was minted in the Clinton/Obama era and yet pour scorn on the hands that fed them preferring to tilt their windmills at an egotistical , narcissistic known serial liar peddling cheap jibes and ruining everything he touches. 

Oh and whose laughing about the hijab now turns out it's a face mask protecting the rest of us from the wearer's germs. ????????

Edited by URMySunshine

45 minutes ago, donnacha said:

I mean, sure, I understand that it is some form of virtue signaling, but the whole thing is quite a mess.

A useful technique is, before you starting typing, work out what you want to say and try to imagine that you are saying it to someone who is unable to read your mind or understand your more obscure references. Jot all that down on a piece of paper and, then, wait until you sober up.

Can you please look at the other poster's comment,  and your own comment, and think about it, and then type ?

Okay, what is being said is this. The Chinese government is trying to stop all foreigners entering into China, but it is still allowing Chinese to return to China. It is these Chinese people returning to China, these are the people who are taking the virus back to China. That's what the full Reuters report is actually saying.

The Chinese government is certainly not saying that Americans and Europeans are taking the disease to China. Do you get it now ?  Notice that when looking at the posts put up here, there's people who are claiming that the Chinese government is now blaming the West for taking the virus back to China.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They can blame foreigners all they want, and if it was indeed whitey that brought it back to them. Well, tough ****! 

This comment is so representative of the silly comments, and lack of understanding as to what was actually said by the Chinese government.

They're not blaming the foreigners, they're saying that Chinese nationals who are in America and Europe are returning to China, and that these people are taking the virus back to China.
They're certainly not saying that "whitey" has brought it back to them. Yes, the word that you have used, "whitey", Thais say 'fahlang', Chinese say 'gwei lo'.

40 minutes ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Can you please look at the other poster's comment,  and your own comment, and think about it, and then type ?

Okay, what is being said is this. The Chinese government is trying to stop all foreigners entering into China, but it is still allowing Chinese to return to China. It is these Chinese people returning to China, these are the people who are taking the virus back to China. That's what the full Reuters report is actually saying.

I took issue not with what the commenter was attempting to say or, indeed, your interpretation of what he was trying to say but, rather, his inability to say it.

I am under no obligation to keep rereading anyone's post if it does not make sense. If such a post is responding to one of mine, and wraps up with a vague accusation of racism, well, I am entirely within my rights to respond and insist they at least put a little more effort into their wild accusations.

It is these Chinese people returning to China, these are the people who are taking the virus back to China. That's what the full Reuters report is actually saying.

The initial post in this thread is NOT the full Reuters report you allege exists, it does not link to such a report, and neither, for that matter, have you.

The key point in the initial post is included right there in the Reuters headline:

Mainland China reported an increase in new confirmed coronavirus cases, all of which involved travellers arriving from abroad, the National Health Commission said on Thursday.

The Chinese government is certainly not saying that Americans and Europeans are taking the disease to China. Do you get it now ?

You are the one who if failing to "get it". The Chinese government most certainly are saying that infections are arriving from abroad. They may qualify that bald statement elsewhere, as you claim, but this is the Reuters headline, this is what the Chinese government are disseminating to the news agencies, this is all part of the same drumbeat that major figures within the government are now marching to, many even explicitly claiming that the virus originated in the West.

That is what the posters here are discussing. The Reuters report you allude to, if it exists, may indeed mention that the people currently returning to China are Chinese, but the posters you are criticizing are talking about subject generally and with no specific reference to a report that is not even mentioned in this thread's initial post.

This is not Wikipedia. Discussions here are free-ranging, there is no requirement that we stick rigidly to anything. The initial post in any thread merely kicks things off. You may not agree with what people are saying but you actually have no right and have earned no authority to control the direction of the discussion.

I really hate this new trend of clueless authoritarian posturing.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'm sure there are some chinese officials that are blaming others, but you see that in every government.  i wouldn't say it's official policy, at least not yet.  think health minister. 

this is from a longer reuters report, published 9 minutes after the original reuters item.  the byline includes se young lee, one of the writers of the op:

"About 90% of all the imported cases are Chinese passport holders, Vice Foreign Minister Luo Zhaohui told a press conference, adding that 40% of those were overseas Chinese students returning amid rising infections abroad."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-toll-idUSKBN21D02O

link to the original article:

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-china-toll/mainland-china-reports-rise-in-new-coronavirus-cases-all-from-overseas-idUSB9N2BA00I

Hello "ChouDoufu", thanks for putting this up, again.

Right, so we are all in agreement ??  The Chinese government is trying to say that, a load of Chinese who are staying outside of China are returning to China, and they're taking the virus back to China with them. Does the Chinese government have the right to say this ?  Surely, they do ?

If it was the Australian government talking, or any other government talking (the Canadian government, the South Korean government, etc ) off-course, they do have the right to say "we've now got the Corona Virus, it was brought here by Chinese from mainland China, or it was others who went to China and brought this disease into our country".

20 hours ago, car720 said:

In this house we are very interested to know just how anyone plans to get compensation from the CCP.  It is concensus here that sanctioning the money of the top members is the way to go.  Most of them have their money in foreign investment.

Getting compensation ??  An silly idea.  People who have got AIDS might as well try to sue whatever African countries, because AIDS started in Africa. Them Canadian Indians, the indigenous people of Canada, they might as well sue the Canadian government. Because they reckon that European settlers took diseases to Canada and killed loads of the indigenous people.

On 3/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Thank you. And let everybody remember the truth of your words. They covered up this outbreak, they brutalized the initial Dr that diagnosed a novel coronavirus in Wuhan. They did everything wrong they possibly could do. And while 40 odd % of Americans are still blaming Donald Trump for this epidemic, I think most can lay the blame where it is deserved. The Chinese Communist Party.

Covering up the CCP's actions just because communism is all wonderful and progressive at present, sends the wrong signal. The signal the appeasers are sending is next time China causes a viral outbreak they will again try and cover it up. May as well if the darlings in the western media go along with it.

China lead by the CCP is deep inside the modern version of evil empire.

7 hours ago, donnacha said:

A useful technique is, before you starting typing, work out what you want to say and try to imagine that you are saying it to someone who is unable to read your mind or understand your more obscure references. Jot all that down on a piece of paper and, then, wait until you sober up.

Ah, a classic response to being called out for posting your reactionary dreck - accuse me of drinking and trot out the latest catch phrase.

Well done sir. 

China finally issued temporary entry ban(many Chinese citizen petitioned since then but CCDC deemed unecessary), they now aim to eliminate import case numbers

All foreign passport currently holding visas, PR, APEC pass are now temporarily forbidden to entry.

Diplo visa, transfer stay, several types of visa exemption are not affected. 

Anyone with apropriate reason(important roles in humanitarian, scientific, buisness etc.) could still apply new visa, if visa issued after the announcement(Mar/26) will be able to entry

39 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Ah, a classic response to being called out for posting your reactionary dreck - accuse me of drinking and trot out the latest catch phrase.

You see?

Your sentence structure is crisper and your vocabulary is noticeably broader now that you've sobered up.

As a skeptic Chinese I wasn't impressed with China's overeaction and herd panic.

But from all those China haters naysayers state that, the current situation is too good too amazing to believe. 

I finally started to think maybe China did very good reacting to this pandemic! OK, tone down a little bit, if what numbers China reporting are true then they really did a great job, is that right? 

To think this virus have atleast 2 weeks incubation period to discover, and China could be misled by experience dealing SARS which absolutely doesn't transmit during incubation... The reaction time not too bad either. And they did not hesitate a second to suspect virus could transmit within mild symptoms. (Also no Chinese never eat bats, also unlike US/OZ etc. hunting any wild animal is very SEVERE crime in China, totally banned since 90s, no one even with connections would hunt a hare. Save except border provinces. I love bowhunting/fishing but never once hunt in China, can only do the hobby abroad. Plus China don't have many wild animals to start with, even deer meat for riches are all herded, I know some rich man travel to some SEA countries to eat pangolin though because in China very likely life in prison) 

Edited by Coremouse
typo

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So China is number 3 now with the most cases. mmm a surprise and also only  54 new cases. Wow.

I was distracted with pigs flying from my window.

yes, the lockdown was strictly enforced.  with no movement between cities and towns, and people kept indoors, the virus had little chance to spread.  containment appears to work.  local infections have fallen to zero most days, and now that air traffic is cut, imported cases will drop off as well.

will have to watch what happens now they've started to relax the restrictions on wuhan.  neighboring provinces aren't too happy they're being set free.

factories are opening in guangdong, i'm sure they're going to be seeing some cases requiring plant closures.  guizhou province schools are open, with no problems so far.  other provinces are opening up as conditions allow.

our province was lightly hit, only 168 cases.  6 dead, the rest recovered.  other than schools which open april 7, things here are almost normal again.  most restrictions for locals have been removed.  returnees from the mainland from low risk areas have 14-day home quarantine, if from high risk zones, then 14 days quarantine in approved hotels.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

yes, the lockdown was strictly enforced.  with no movement between cities and towns, and people kept indoors, the virus had little chance to spread.  containment appears to work.  local infections have fallen to zero most days, and now that air traffic is cut, imported cases will drop off as well.

will have to watch what happens now they've started to relax the restrictions on wuhan.  neighboring provinces aren't too happy they're being set free.

factories are opening in guangdong, i'm sure they're going to be seeing some cases requiring plant closures.  guizhou province schools are open, with no problems so far.  other provinces are opening up as conditions allow.

our province was lightly hit, only 168 cases.  6 dead, the rest recovered.  other than schools which open april 7, things here are almost normal again.  most restrictions for locals have been removed.  returnees from the mainland from low risk areas have 14-day home quarantine, if from high risk zones, then 14 days quarantine in approved hotels.

Hainan did superb controlling the case in early stage. Especially as popular vacation spot. 

My home in Shandong had 771 cases all recovered by now, everyday situation normal then. Because Shandong is most close to S.K. there was a massive inflow when SK spiked, but luckily almost every single arrival was monitored ended up fine. Only the Jining jail police cluster caused quite some panic

13 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

Hainan did superb controlling the case in early stage. Especially as popular vacation spot. 

My home in Shandong had 771 cases all recovered by now, everyday situation normal then. Because Shandong is most close to S.K. there was a massive inflow when SK spiked, but luckily almost every single arrival was monitored ended up fine. Only the Jining jail police cluster caused quite some panic

i wouldn't say superb, more luck than anything else.  people were required to follow the quarantine rules, and did for the most part, but i think environmental factors were more important here.

the island is still mostly agricultural with the resort city at the south, and a few tourist spots elsewhere.  there's not that much traffic between cities and towns in normal times.  the tourists mainly follow pre-established patterns. 

there are no large factories, the only heavy concentrations of people is school dormitories.  only 3 airports, very few international flights, and ferry links to the mainland are easily controlled.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

yes, the lockdown was strictly enforced.  with no movement between cities and towns, and people kept indoors, the virus had little chance to spread.  containment appears to work.

That is not exactly true. Some people did travel around. I am not in Hubei so what you say is factually incorrect.

38 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

the virus had little chance to spread.  containment appears to work.  local infections have fallen to zero most days,

If you believe that then that's your entitlement.

If only transparency was allowed then we would have a better picture of actually what happened. But as you live here you know that it isn't transparent at all.

6 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

Getting compensation ??  An silly idea.  People who have got AIDS might as well try to sue whatever African countries, because AIDS started in Africa. Them Canadian Indians, the indigenous people of Canada, they might as well sue the Canadian government. Because they reckon that European settlers took diseases to Canada and killed loads of the indigenous people.

this would normally be the same arguement that I would make, however, I don't think that the yanks will let it go this time around.

1 hour ago, Coremouse said:

The second largest funeral site in China is quoted as saying that they will only release the ashes of 500 per day for the next 12 days and maybe more after that.  Remember, this is the second biggest and not the biggest.  Do the math and see if the CCP is giving the correct figures about how many have died.