Mainland China reports rise in new coronavirus cases, all from overseas

webfact

Mainland China reports rise in new coronavirus cases, all from overseas

2020-03-26T001741Z_1_LYNXMPEG2P018_RTROPTP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-CHINA-RETAIL.JPG

People wearing protective masks walk in a shopping district, following an outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Beijing, China, March 25, 2020. REUTERS/Thomas Peter

BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Mainland China reported an increase in new confirmed coronavirus cases, all of which involved travellers arriving from abroad, the National Health Commission said on Thursday.

The commission said in a statement that a total of 67 new cases were reported as of end-Wednesday, up from 47 a day earlier, putting the total accumulated number of confirmed coronavirus cases to date at 81,285.

The commission also reported a total of 3,287 deaths at the end of Wednesday, up 6 from the previous day.

(Reporting by Se Young Lee and David Stanway)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-26
  • Haha 1

And we are nent to believe the CCP? I read a very interesting report (probably banned in Thailand) how China threatened small country's not to ban travel from China... I have to question a previous postthat China did everything possible wrong with a simple "Are you sure?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Does not tell us that most of those from 'over seas' are returning Chinese taking the virus back to where it originated. The CCP are just trying to imply it's a foreign problem now- we had it beat and the foreigners infect us now, liars.

I don't think so. If all your cases are from people who arrived from abroad (and presumably in quarantine), should you keep that a secret just so as not to "offend" foreigners?

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Does not tell us that most of those from 'over seas' are returning Chinese taking the virus back to where it originated. The CCP are just trying to imply it's a foreign problem now- we had it beat and the foreigners infect us now, liars.

no, they are not.  this posting is just a wee, tiny snippet from reuters.

do a search on the headline, and you'll get the full report including this:

About 90% of all the imported cases are Chinese passport holders, Vice Foreign Minister Luo Zhaohui told a press conference, adding that 40% of those were overseas Chinese students returning amid rising infections abroad.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-toll-idUSKBN21D02O

• Thanks 2

In this house we are very interested to know just how anyone plans to get compensation from the CCP.  It is concensus here that sanctioning the money of the top members is the way to go.  Most of them have their money in foreign investment.

Communists they caused the problem now they are trying to turn it onto others the world needs to wake up to these people and stop being sucked in by them and their Bull_ _ _ t and cheap loans which will turn out to be no so cheap in the long term as some countries are finding out

On 3/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Scot123 said:

And we are nent to believe the CCP? I read a very interesting report (probably banned in Thailand) how China threatened small country's not to ban travel from China... I have to question a previous postthat China did everything possible wrong with a simple "Are you sure?"

Can you post or send me that please

4 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Just cant help yourself, can you?

Show me once where it specifies foreigners rather than people coming from abroad?

For those of you taking delight in the cycle renewing, dont you think this has the potential to happen the world over?

For all the pc twaddle, its truly depressing how racist people actually are given the right circumstances to express it.

I honestly cannot figure out what you are attempting to communicate here.

I mean, sure, I understand that it is some form of virtue signaling, but the whole thing is quite a mess.

A useful technique is, before you starting typing, work out what you want to say and try to imagine that you are saying it to someone who is unable to read your mind or understand your more obscure references. Jot all that down on a piece of paper and, then, wait until you sober up.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:36 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Thank you. And let everybody remember the truth of your words. They covered up this outbreak, they brutalized the initial Dr that diagnosed a novel coronavirus in Wuhan. They did everything wrong they possibly could do. And while 40 odd % of Americans are still blaming Donald Trump for this epidemic, I think most can lay the blame where it is deserved. The Chinese Communist Party.

Covering up the CCP's actions just because communism is all wonderful and progressive at present, sends the wrong signal. The signal the appeasers are sending is next time China causes a viral outbreak they will again try and cover it up. May as well if the darlings in the western media go along with it.

Because western leaders never appeased then did they ? Even when all what you infer was more than known. A curse on all their houses. 

MEGA - Make Earth Great Again ! The rich everywhere care only for their own. 

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida aired by CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-trump-china/trump-praises-chinese-president-extending-tenure-for-life-idUKKCN1GG017

Trump Betrays Hong Kong Protesters