Foreign currency exchange ban

I went to a branch of pretty well all the main banks in Hua Hin yesterday trying to exchange $ travellers cheques. They are all on foreign currency exchange shutdown. Exchange bureaus were changing cash but don’t do travellers cheques. As anyone any idea where I can get these changed? It says temporary ban, does anyone know for how long?

I only heard that the banks had closed their outside kiosks and if anyone needed money exchanging would have to go inside at a branch. Anyone with cash would be daft and better off using TT. 

I didn't know that all banks had stopped accepting TCs and that surprises me. 

I do not know if these currency exchange offices are still open, but all are described as accepting travellers cheques.

SuperRich and SuperRich 1965. They have a lot of offices around in Bangkok

Vasu Exchange, 

• Address: 133-133/1 Soi 7/1 Sukhumvit, Sukhumvit, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Bangkok
  • Phone: 02-253-1706-7,  02-251-1651
  • Opening hours: Mon to Fri 09:00 – 18:00 | Sat 09:00 – 17:00 | Closed on Sunday

SIA Money Exchange,

• Address: 1091/156-7 Soi Petchburi 33, New Petchburi Road, Makkasan, Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400
  • Phone: (+662) 650 0864-8 | (+662) 255 6412-8
  • Opening hours: Mon to Sat 09:00 – 18:00 | Closed on Sunday

BRANCH

• Address: 14/30 Soi Petchburi 19 (Soi Juldis), Phrayathai, Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400
  • Phone: (+662) 253 4557
  • Opening hours: Mon to Sat 07:00 – 20:00 | Sun 07:00 – 16:00

X-ONE Currency Exchange Office

• Address: 149/7 Surawongse Road, Suriyawongse, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
  • Phone: 02-634-1155
  • Opening hours: Mon to Fri 09:00 – 18:00 | Sat & Public Holidays 09:00 – 17:00 | Closed on Sunday

Maybe anyone of these might have an office in Hua Hin as well, otherwise it will be Bangkok. Hope that can be of help and that you can solve you problem. ???? 

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I only heard that the banks had closed their outside kiosks and if anyone needed money exchanging would have to go inside at a branch. Anyone with cash would be daft and better off using TT. 

I didn't know that all banks had stopped accepting TCs and that surprises me. 

I was surprised to hear that TCs still exist, I seriously thought they stopped doing them years ago.

• Haha 1

I have bough a couple of million b over using transferwise  this week. Si if u have a thai bank account that may be an option to get u funds. U can also pay traveller cheques into an account. Superrich  head office may be open the other branches are in malls and closed