Savings V's Current Account In Thailand

Hi All,

I am working (with work permit) and living in Thailand. I just opened a Current Account with a local bank because it offers a check book.

Today, I told my company's payroll the account details and they tell me they can only pay salary into a Savings Account, not a Current Account.

Why? Is this right? Seem crazy? I wanted all my banking to be done in one account. I don't want to have to go open another Savings Account.

Anyone have any similar experience? Are all companies like this, or is my company just stupid?

or is my company just stupid?

Yes.

Today, I told my company's payroll the account details and they tell me they can only pay salary into a Savings Account, not a Current Account.

You might have avoided this chance of your company’s accountant to demonstrate his stupidity if you had not said that the account of which you were giving the details is a current account. After all, the necessary details for a payment to be made to somebody’s bank account are the same, regardless of the type of account:

– beneficiary’s name and address

– account number

– name and address of bank

Ask the payroll accountant to show you the law that says a company is not allowed to pay an employee’s salary into a current account. If he refuses, ask him in writing to give you his decision in writing, then report the matter to the Managing Director.

--

Maestro