Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Bangkok wakes up to state of emergency

webfact

Bangkok wakes up to state of emergency

By THE NATION

800_4eb88936189dfa6.jpg?v=1585208043

Bangkok awoke to a relatively quiet morning on Thursday (March 26) as the emergency decree came into effect.

5D3_7949.jpg

Fewer people travelled to their offices, since many of them worked from home as a measure to tackle the Covid-19 situation.

EOSR1345.jpg

The emergency decree, which will be in force until April 30, bans certain activities and imposes restrictions, including ordering the closure of high-risk venues in Bangkok and some provinces.

5D3_8086.jpg

As of Thursday, the total number of Covid-19 patients in Thailand was 1,045, increasing 111 from Wednesday. During the emergency period, checkpoints have been set up on roads to check if travellers are wearing masks, and temperature- scanning is also being conducted selectively.

EOSR1538.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384865

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-26

Yes, working from home. Called my Health Insurance carrier (Pacific Cross) to check on a dental claim I filed weeks ago to see how far along in the processing of the refund they were.  No answer, so I called my agent.  He confirmed they were all now working from home as it had been phased in over a period of time.  He followed up for me, and within 2 hours I was called back and given the info required.  So, for all you folks who have Pacific Cross, I would call your agent directly if you have any questions.  He again confirmed the policy I have does cover COVID-19 and treatment to the fullest....YMMV

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So, for all you folks who have Pacific Cross, I would call your agent directly if you have any questions.  He again confirmed the policy I have does cover COVID-19 and treatment to the fullest....YMMV

ya, I read my Pacific Cross actual full policy book (the contract language one) from front to back a couple weeks back, and could find no exclusion for epidemics, pandemics, coronavirus, etc etc...  So I believe that any necessary medical treatment would be covered under the normal terms of the policy...

Except, for the future, I don't believe PC covers vaccines in general...  And, if you're not actually sick, I don't think they'll pay for any CV test, as the policy typically excludes any checkup/preventive claims.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 6:47 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, working from home. Called my Health Insurance carrier (Pacific Cross) to check on a dental claim I filed weeks ago to see how far along in the processing of the refund they were.  No answer, so I called my agent.  He confirmed they were all now working from home as it had been phased in over a period of time.  He followed up for me, and within 2 hours I was called back and given the info required.  So, for all you folks who have Pacific Cross, I would call your agent directly if you have any questions.  He again confirmed the policy I have does cover COVID-19 and treatment to the fullest....YMMV

Working on an OA visa?

Whatever floats yer boat.