Will

mr.buffalo

Has any member made a thai do it yourself will ?

I'm off home shortly and having bought a house just outside Pattaya think it prudent to make a will here.

All the beneficeries will be Thai ( g/f 20%, a Thai friend 5% and 3 charities will share the remaining 75% ).

I have been quoted 6000bt and 10000bt which I think is excessive, but think it is possible to write it up yourself have it translated into Thai and witnessed by 2 independant people. The only problem I envisage is where will the will be kept. I would think the best bet would be to take the original document I have drafted back to the UK with me and give it to the solicitors that hold my UK will and in the event of my impending demise they can sort it from there but I am not sure it woul be feasible or recognized by the Thai authorities.

Any ideas gratefully read and considered.

Has any member made a thai do it yourself will ?

I'm off home shortly and having bought a house just outside Pattaya think it prudent to make a will here.

All the beneficeries will be Thai ( g/f 20%, a Thai friend 5% and 3 charities will share the remaining 75% ).

I have been quoted 6000bt and 10000bt which I think is excessive, but think it is possible to write it up yourself have it translated into Thai and witnessed by 2 independant people. The only problem I envisage is where will the will be kept. I would think the best bet would be to take the original document I have drafted back to the UK with me and give it to the solicitors that hold my UK will and in the event of my impending demise they can sort it from there but I am not sure it woul be feasible or recognized by the Thai authorities.

Any ideas gratefully read and considered.

My advice to you is to go to a good Thai lawyer and get the will drawn up legally.

For the sum involved it seems a good investment.

You can always register the will on line i.e. where the will is kept without having to give details of the will at willsindex.com I think it costs 10$ to do this and you can alter details without further charge should you wish to do so.