Where To Get A License When Living In Pattaya

The transport office in pattya

will be the same place where you have to check your car and motorbike evry year. Just ask some thais around they will know where it is.

Bram

I've got all the docs and visas etc. but just want to know where to go to get my license. I live in Pattaya and surely there must be somewhere near here.

Thanks in advance.

There is a registration centre just outside of Pattaya. Coming out of Pattaya on Sukhumvit, take the right feeder lane to route 7, Bangkok and Rayong, keep in the rihgt hand lane heading towards Rayong, as you are aproaching the Regents School there is a small U turn, (if you miss it don't worry there is another one in a couple of klicks) immediately get into the left hand lane and the turning for the registration centre is on your left, about 100 metres, follow the road around a sharp bend and the centre is on your right. I was there yesterday and failed the multi choice test with 22/30 pass mark is 23, it is not easy but I didn't realise at the time that you have to answer 30 out of 50 questions posed, so you can miss out the ones you aren't sure of. I did the first 30 about 5 of which are hard to fathom out, I am going for a retest on Wednesday good luck and hope this helps.