30 day extension

hi all.have tourist visa. finishes 31st march.i stay 5 mins from IO in prachuap and its where I have always extended my visa over past few years. IO officer told me get letter from British embassy then go to Hua hin IO.common sense would be to give me a extension here in prachuap instead of travelling almost 2 hours to Hua hin,stand with 100s in queues. I have spent last 2 weeks sitting at home, keeping away from everyone and its what I will continue doing until this virus dies down.Is it worth going back to IO and trying again.thanks all, stay safe.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Will it be your first extension of your 60 day entry from your visa? If the first one you do not need a letter from the embassy.

Which office are you trying to use in Prachuap Khiri Khan. 

arrived and got 30 day at airport,did extension at IO, did one visa run to ranong, did one more extension at IO. office name prachuap khirikahan Immigration 

I think you are writing about the Dan Singkhon immigration office. That office offers very limited services. The main office for immigration is in Hua Hin. 

I think the Singkhon office is telling you to go to the office in Hua Hin due to them not having the authority to issue the special 30 day extensions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you are writing about the Dan Singkhon immigration office. That office offers very limited services. The main office for immigration is in Hua Hin. 

I think the Singkhon office is telling you to go to the office in Hua Hin due to them not having the authority to issue the special 30 day extensions.

yes Dan singkhon.ok, thanks for info.is it worth going there again and giving it another go.do I need a letter from owners of bungalow im staying at

My visa on entry expires April 1. Tried to do the extension in Samut Prakan last week. Place was a madhouse. Escaped out here with the fam to Chaiyaphum. That was a great decision.

Got the father-in-law's tabien baan and ID card. They made my wife fill out that "housemaster form" and "list of farangs in the house" form. He almost got me on the TM30 fine, but did it for me and said just come back tomorrow for the visa, otherwise doing both on the same day would mean the fine.

New visa expires May 5. That's a generous 35 day extension. ???? Maybe because he asked me about my Non-B before, realized I'm changing jobs, and this puts me closer to the start of school. If it starts on time, that is. ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Got the father-in-law's tabien baan and ID card. They made my wife fill out that "housemaster form" and "list of farangs in the house" form. He almost got me on the TM30 fine, but did it for me and said just come back tomorrow for the visa, otherwise doing both on the same day would mean the fine.

You could of gotten a 60 day extension of your 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a visa of any kind) to visit your Thai wife.

If you need more time you could apply for one near the end of your current extension at most immigration offices.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I don't have to be on Non-O for marriage for that?

No you don't. It can be applied for with any type of entry to or extension of stay.

The clause of the police order for them does not mention any category of visa being needed.

• Thanks 1