How Early Can I Apply For An Extension

I have a non O visa and I am due to apply for my annual extension for retirement purposes in just over a month. I have everything in order so normally would do it a few days prior to expiry but this is not normal times. Who knows what will happen in the coming weeks. The whole country may go into lockdown. So does anyone know how soon I can get my extension done and dusted. Is it 1 week, 2, 3, or 4 weeks before expiry that I can apply and will the new one run from the date of application or the date of expiry?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, somo said:

Thanks guys, really fast response here ????

If I do early when does the new extension run from? ie date of application or expiry date?

From the date of expiry of your current extension.

You don't lose days by going early

24 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

My Current & Last 90 Day Extension on my Non-Imm 'O' Expires on 30 April, I Was TOLD By Nong Khai Imm to apply for my 60 day extension ONLY About the 27th / 28th April.......Why ??

It is different for a one year extensions than a 60 day or less extension.

Most offices will do them up to 2 weeks early. There is no fixed rule for it though. Apparently Nong Khai has different rules that others.

9 hours ago, mahtin said:

Thanks fourpack, seem to remember KK telling me that last time too.

For the OP, mine's been due 4 May for the last 10 years. Will go next week.

Mine is 5th May so going next week too. Re other poster I live in Chayapoum province. Used to have to go to KK but afew years ago we got our own office and I have to say the service has beeen great. No long queues and a nice girl who fills in all the forms for you.

Did my extension yesterday. Have to say once again what great service. Just handed over the bank statement, photo, Tabien ban and passport and they did evrything for me. They even have seats outside under a sun canvas with crosses on to stop people sitting together. Everyone was wearing face masks and everywgere I went had someone at the door checking temperatures and squirting hand cleanser in to palms. Must have cleansed my hands 15 times yesterday. Lots of shops closed down even big oneslike home Pro but food ones Tesco, Macro etc still open but very quiet. Not a panic buyer in sight!