Corvid visa extension at CM

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

6 feet apart obviously!

Not even six inches apart and we all had to sit on every seat as we shuffled along to remain in the queue .

We were told/forced to do it by the guy barking orders at us , if we didnt sit on (every) seat in the queue (by shuffling along) we would lose our place in the queue .

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Just got my " Corvid" visa extension done at CM immigration .

Are they doing extension on the weekend now?

The six (12) forms that you will need are :

The usual application form

The usual passport biodemetric page photo copy

The usual latest Thai visa in PP photocopy

The letter from your embassy (Colour photo copies accepted)

Two forms that you need to read and just sign which are provided on the desk

Everything needs to be written in blue ink .

Six forms , all  those need to be photocopied and signed in blue ink 

So they want a photocopy of the application form and two copies of all other documents now?

Edited by jackdd

2 minutes ago, garygooner said:

20 days only, and then return and get another 10.....how ridiculous! 

Reason being : They will send your application form to Bangkok immigration , Bangkok immigration will contact your embassy to make sure the letter in genuine , once they are happy the letter is genuine, they will contact CM immigration and tell them its genuine and tell them to give you the 30 day visa , this process will take 20 days , so now I just have a "under consideration" 20 day "visa" and will get the other ten days in 20 days time 

17 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Are they doing extension on the weekend now?

So they want a photocopy of the application form and two copies of all other documents now?

A photocopy of all six documents require in the application .

12 documents required .

Six documents plus six photocopies .

(Dont even take into consideration that the application form and the two other forms are all photocopys any way ???? , you need to photocopy the filled out in blue ink photocopies  ????)

Just now, dsf9 said:

Jesus christ. They really do a "hold my beer" in complexity. I'm not sure on what planet you can describe this silly dance as "quick and efficient" with a straight face. 

wuckin  fankers id  say,  but  its  not  them  its the  cretins  at  the  top

10 minutes ago, dsf9 said:

Jesus christ. They really do a "hold my beer" in complexity. I'm not sure on what planet you can describe this silly dance as "quick and efficient" with a straight face. 

I was referring to the I.O.s working behind the counters, rather than the whole process

Apart form the queuing, (not their fault ), they checked all 12 documents , accepted the application, processed it and gave me my PP back with visa withing ten minutes 

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Apart form the queuing, (not their fault )

Not even six inches apart and we all had to sit on every seat as we shuffled along to remain in the queue .

We were told/forced to do it by the guy barking orders at us , if we didnt sit on (every) seat in the queue (by shuffling along) we would lose our place in the queue .

That they don't hand out queue numbers is their fault.

That they don't open an office in for example the empty Central airport exhibition hall, but force people to wait should by shoulder, is also their fault.

38 minutes ago, Chazar said:

does  that  mean a  return  trip?

I think it should at least be possible to collect the additional 10 days and apply for the next extension in the same visit, so effectively requiring only one visit every 30 days.

Edited by jackdd

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Okay, and on the subsequent visit they will charge another 19000?

Well,  1900 .

Nothing official, but they seemed to be implying that you could apply for another corvid visa after this one, quite sure they would charge another 1900 Baht per  visa extension

54 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Reason being : They will send your application form to Bangkok immigration , Bangkok immigration will contact your embassy to make sure the letter in genuine , once they are happy the letter is genuine, they will contact CM immigration and tell them its genuine and tell them to give you the 30 day visa , this process will take 20 days , so now I just have a "under consideration" 20 day "visa" and will get the other ten days in 20 days time 

They're bluffing. There is no way that they are going to expend the energy and check. Likewise, the embassy is not going to entertain their inquiries even if they could be bothered. Nonsense! 

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

That they don't hand out queue numbers is their fault.

That they don't open an office in for example the empty Central airport exhibition hall, but force people to wait should by shoulder, is also their fault.

s.

I meant the six immigration officers working behind the counters processing the visas, those six people doing their job of processing the passports  is what I was referring to 

I have a friend who went to Buriram immigration yesterday he also needed a photo as well as all the paper work.

The officer told him he will get the 30 days but has to go back after 7 days, he had the letter from the UK embassy.

So as usual what happens at one office is not the same as others.

5 minutes ago, thequietman said:

They're bluffing. There is no way that they are going to expend the energy and check. Likewise, the embassy is not going to entertain their inquiries even if they could be bothered. Nonsense! 

Whi knows. 

But the Thai I.O thought process may be that they will accept downloaded Embassy letters, so they will verify their originality by contacting the embassy for verification