Corvid visa extension at CM

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Reason being : They will send your application form to Bangkok immigration , Bangkok immigration will contact your embassy to make sure the letter in genuine , once they are happy the letter is genuine, they will contact CM immigration and tell them its genuine and tell them to give you the 30 day visa , this process will take 20 days , so now I just have a "under consideration" 20 day "visa" and will get the other ten days in 20 days time 

If anywhere they would be send to Immigration Division 5 in Chiang Mai for approval not Bangkok.

They certainly would not be checking with your embassy about the letter.

2 minutes ago, drbeach said:

They should...but at the very least they should be making it easy with online applications, uploads and approvals.

Thailand is still living in the age of dinosaurs...especially at this time, to be giving an under consideration stamp and forcing people to come in twice, is absurd. It's totally retarded.

Even Laos is better - no embassy letters needed and an automatic 30 day extension.

I am really beginning to question why anyone still chooses to live in this country. The country's leadership is so incompetent, xenophobic and living in the last century.

I'm contemplating my own moves after this crisis is declared over.

:clap2:.................Adios Amigo, adios.....................:guitar:

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not even six inches apart and we all had to sit on every seat as we shuffled along to remain in the queue .

We were told/forced to do it by the guy barking orders at us , if we didnt sit on (every) seat in the queue (by shuffling along) we would lose our place in the queue .

Right this way for your 30 day, errr, 20 day extension.  Mooove alone, keep mooooving.  

index2.jpg.dcedc5eb71c3c180f25d5e2aacd7e4f1.jpg

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

DSCF5271.thumb.JPG.4a7bde7a07af1779c9dbd760f6f72f60.JPG

DSCF5272.thumb.JPG.903caef734ca00a0c66f1b24ccd72451.JPG

So a quick summary .

All the land borders have closed and although there are flights out available, its better not to travel at the moment due to an apocalypse going on in the world .

All authorities have told us to self isolate and keep social distancing of 2 meters apart.....................and we are being forced to ignore that and to get into close proximity of numerous  people, some whom were coughing and sneezing and then we had to go and sit in the seats they had been sat on and then we are forced to pay 1900 Baht to extend our stay and also to sign papers showing the punishment if we dont pay for the visa .

*Overstay one day, Five year ban from Thailand* , actually made to read and sign that .

Just feels like a kidnapping, robbery and extortion, rather than a visa update 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, deej said:

They are just closing the rat holes in their defence

As they do not want you guys around 

Very sad but true

Best of luck to all

This technique would probably only kill about 5% of us, even if there is someone infected with Covid-19 in the queue. It is a lot of effort to kill so few of us.

• Thanks 1

Seems like the requirements change every time and there is more nitpicking every day, do they also need the photocopies to be color ones? They didn't ask for proof of housing? proof of cancelled flight?

I was there yesterday (got turned away because the queue was already full for the day at 1pm) and there didn't seem to be a copy shop anywhere around so better be prepared.

19 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

Seems like the requirements change every time and there is more nitpicking every day, do they also need the photocopies to be color ones? They didn't ask for proof of housing? proof of cancelled flight?

I was there yesterday (got turned away because the queue was already full for the day at 1pm) and there didn't seem to be a copy shop anywhere around so better be prepared.

You must have gotton there a bit later then 1 PM , I got there after that and still got seen, as did quite a few others, you must have got there gone 2 PM , because they started refusing people about 2-3 PM .

None of the photocopies needs to be in colour, but I just colour photocopied my Embassy letter to make it look more official, dont know whether it made any difference or not or whether they would have rejected a B&W one

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You must have gotton there a bit later then 1 PM , I got there after that and still got seen, as did quite a few others, you must have got there gone 2 PM , because they started refusing people about 2-3 PM .

None of the photocopies needs to be in colour, but I just colour photocopied my Embassy letter to make it look more official, dont know whether it made any difference or not or whether they would have rejected a B&W one

my bad, I didn't realize this thread was about Chiang Mai office, I went to the new temporary Bangkok office.

8 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

So you had to leave the area and photocopy these two forms elsewhere?

Yes, therees an affiliated shop across the road , a four lane road where the cars travel a speed , get everything done there