Burning around Hua Hin again again

Misab

Its unfortunate to see the burning going on in locals where there ought to be clean air. I'm in Bang Saen chonburi trying to beat an episode of tonsillitis and someone was burning a huge pile of something yesterday, smoke was billowing everywhere. Just really unfortunate.

every year this time they burn in the pineapple fields around Pranburi just south of HH.

really nice houses built right up to the fields and the smoke "lays down" and the whole housing track is covered in smoke.

watched it a few times from the road.

• Sad 1

I have been told by my wife that a lot of the burning in and around HH this year is due to a new land tax law. Land will be valued at zero value if it is being used for agricultural purposes. Hence the banana and coconut plantings along the main roads. Otherwise land tax will be much much higher.

Been great to see the land cleaned but as people rightly point out the burning is almost intolerable. Let's hope in future years it's back to normal as we all know the authorities don't care. 

9 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

I have been told by my wife that a lot of the burning in and around HH this year is due to a new land tax law. Land will be valued at zero value if it is being used for agricultural purposes. Hence the banana and coconut plantings along the main roads. Otherwise land tax will be much much higher.

Been great to see the land cleaned but as people rightly point out the burning is almost intolerable. Let's hope in future years it's back to normal as we all know the authorities don't care. 

The authorities care about the aqi readings in excess of 400 and more in Chiang Mai for the past few weeks.

I know that because the self important guy that wears matching coats and masks said so, so it must be true.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:43 AM, sirocco said:

It all depends on the brand of chocolate.
Lindt praline is emptied, very quickly, very very quickly.

By the way, in what place in HH, because nothing around Market Village

Lindt Cognac, now  unavailable, never  made it outside the supermarket door

• Haha 1

Okay, for burns, but, early in the morning, you don't feel anything in the center of HH;
The wind points its nose only around 1:30 p.m .;
In my country, we proceed to the eco-mud, to fertilize the earth.
It is different from burns.

For chocolate, was there any Lindt cognac in the supermarkets?
Too bad to have missed the sale. Never mind.

13 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Hua hin will never change.

thirty something years ago I stayed at one of the two or three places to sleep.  the famous railroad hotel.    I would say it has changed  a  lot since then !

will probably develop/grow even more in the future.   

if you mean the burning..... well,  you may be right about that.   it is done everywhere in Thailand.

Guess you might throw in..... throwing or leaving garbage everywhere. 

Crazy thing is,  i still prefer here to the western way of life.   Its for each to choose his own poison.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2020 at 4:34 PM, NCC1701A said:

every year this time they burn in the pineapple fields around Pranburi just south of HH.

really nice houses built right up to the fields and the smoke "lays down" and the whole housing track is covered in smoke.

watched it a few times from the road.

Yes in fact the burning season is just now officially kicking off in and around Hua Hin.

It's a coordinated effort and they tend to burn at night so the air pollution will be the worst in the mornings, so the best time to go outside will be in the late afternoon and early evenings if you want to avoid the worst of it.

By 21:00 the 2.5 PM pollution will start to climb again. TIT

• Like 2