New streaming app launches in Thailand to save you from COVID-19 boredom

webfact

New streaming app launches in Thailand to save you from COVID-19 boredom

filr.jpg

File photo

The prospect of having to spend much of the foreseeable future indoors suddenly doesn’t seem so bad.

That’s because a new streaming service has launched in Thailand that gives users access to some of the greatest TV shows ever made.

HBO Go is now available to download in Thailand and lets users stream such shows as The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Band of Brothers and Boardwalk Empire, as well as many, many more.

HBO Go is available to download on iOS and Android and costs 149 baht per month, with a 7 day free trial.

Furthermore, if you are an existing 3BB customer, you can get further discounts on a HBO Go subscription.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-30

Glad to have HBO Go and their live channels back, good value at just THB 149 too.  Hopefully they will bring the Thai subtitles with English audio and English subtitles with Thai audio options to the app too, they had it when they were using AIS as the service provider so I'd imagine (hope) it's only matter of time.

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

Glad to have HBO Go and their live channels back, good value at just THB 149 too.  Hopefully they will bring the Thai subtitles with English audio and English subtitles with Thai audio options to the app too, they had it when they were using AIS as the service provider so I'd imagine (hope) it's only matter of time.

Just downloaded the app on my iPhone and signed up for free trial, so far pretty impressed.  Has the option to turn on/off subtitles and change audio language similar to Netflix, and from what I can tell nothing seems censored.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be and for Apple TV or my LG Smart TV but you and Airplay or cast it from the app.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, arkom said:

Just downloaded the app on my iPhone and signed up for free trial, so far pretty impressed.  Has the option to turn on/off subtitles and change audio language similar to Netflix, and from what I can tell nothing seems censored.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be and for Apple TV or my LG Smart TV but you and Airplay or cast it from the app.

Which Apple App store did you use?

4 hours ago, arkom said:

I somehow missed the subtitle on/off/language option, got used to it being in the main menu with the AIS Playbox but now only the audio language option resides there. Being an app it's the same as Netflix and you select it from within the programme you're watching ????