Visa 60+30 And Visarun

Hi, i'm from Italy and i'm already planning a long trip to Thailand this fall.

I've read contrasting info about using 1 or 2 Visarun AFTER a normal 60+30 visa.

I will probably need just less than a month in addition of the standard Visa so better be sure.

-m

Hi, i'm from Italy and i'm already planning a long trip to Thailand this fall.

I've read contrasting info about using 1 or 2 Visarun AFTER a normal 60+30 visa.

I will probably need just less than a month in addition of the standard Visa so better be sure.

-m

You should be able to enter on "visa exempt entry" for 30 days. But some people have reported problems on how immigration counts the days, entries,etc. within a given time frame.

If you think you would want to stay longer than the extra thirty days, you could probably get another "Tourist" visa in a neighboring country.

Also, regulations may change before your trip, you may want to check for current information shortly before you go.

You should be able to enter on "visa exempt entry" for 30 days. But some people have reported problems on how immigration counts the days, entries,etc. within a given time frame.

If you think you would want to stay longer than the extra thirty days, you could probably get another "Tourist" visa in a neighboring country.

Also, regulations may change before your trip, you may want to check for current information shortly before you go.

I have no previous entry in thailand after feb 2007 , so if I enter 1 dec the visa will be good until 1 march (ok the immigration use 30 days less 1 for month...). I cannot see different count if I have no stay.....

In theory I can do 3 times a visarun but it's not clear if a visarun is possible after a nornal Visa.

-m

This is interesting, from the uk thai consulate:

When you first arrive in Thailand and pass through Thai Immigration you will be granted a 60-day stay and receive a stamp in your passport giving the date you arrive (ADMITTED) and the date by which you must departure (UNTIL). It is most important not to stay in Thailand beyond that departure (UNTIL) date otherwise you will be fined when leaving the country and you run the risk of being imprisoned if stopped at any time by the Thai Police and found to possess an expired visa. With a 2, 3 or 4 entry visa you can re-enter for further stays of maximum 60 days until you have used up all entries. If you have a visa with more than one entry and wish to remain in Thailand it is necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Border Control Office on about day 58 of your 60-day stay to activate your next 60-day stay and you can keep doing this every 55-60 days until you have used all your entries provided this is done within the validity of the visa. At the end of your only or final 60-day stay you must leave Thailand and you cannot re-enter until you obtain a new visa.

If it is enough to go to a Immigration Office a 2x60 Visa will be very good, plenty of time left and no visarun hassle.....

-m

I have no previous entry in thailand after feb 2007 , so if I enter 1 dec the visa will be good until 1 march (ok the immigration use 30 days less 1 for month...). I cannot see different count if I have no stay.....

In theory I can do 3 times a visarun but it's not clear if a visarun is possible after a nornal Visa.

-m

Other people have said they did not have a problem doing the visa exempt entry after using normal tourist visas. I don't think that is a problem, especially if you only do one or two. But, the 90 days exempt entries within 180 days became a problem for some, because of how immigration officials defined the 180 day period. Some people showed up expecting to get 30 days, somehow got stamped in for less, or turned away. That was my concern, read some of the recent post around April 1.

I would just advise to search for other post similar to your situation, maybe you will see something useful. Anyway, you can try it and if you have problems, just get another tourist visa.

Maurizio, why don't you apply for a double or even a triple entry at the consulate in Milan?

If things have not changed you shouldn't have any problem to obtain one.

I'm using a triple entry issued on 25 Oct 2006.

edit: and to activate your next entry (on a multiple entry visa) you have to actually cross the border (usually you can cross the border and get back to Thailand nearly immediately) .

Edited by KhunMarco

Maurizio, why don't you apply for a double or even a triple entry at the consulate in Milan?

If things have not changed you shouldn't have any problem to obtain one.

I'm using a triple entry issued on 25 Oct 2006.

edit: and to activate your next entry (on a multiple entry visa) you have to actually cross the border (usually you can cross the border and get back to Thailand nearly immediately) .

I will go for a double entry, at this point seems the safest way. Even if I have to do a "visarun" just to exit the country anyway. The UK suggestion that at the airport is possible to avoid exiting is new, i'll check at my arrival.

-m