Thai Gf 2 Oz

i had thought i was starting to understand

but now i think i've read so much on this site i've forgotten my own direction

basically,

i had a 2 week holiday in december, met girl, went gaga then

came back mid april, have taken extended holiday to be with lady

i would like her to come and stay in aust for as long as poss (6 or 9 mths)

i know b 4 i was told buckleys chance of this, but also read recently some one said

that ppl at oz embassy have been in good mood lately ?

(i.e some ppl have actually managed to snag visa's for gf )

now, i am australian, work on a family farm

without pay, as i have agreement with family to receive land in lieu of cash

will this give me probs to hold up my side of bargain ?

i know family can "give assurance of support"

gf is not working and hasnt for 6 months or so

i'm pretty sure thats a minus on the scoreboard !?

anyhoo, bearing in mind i will do almost anything to get her there

(including tie the knot )

which visa do you think is most suitable ?

also, i notice there are a lot of places that advertise for

marriage visa's for USA and UK , how come none for AUS ?

any agents in bkk to help with this stuff ?

thanks in advance

your all great in my book

stu_$

Have a read of this article and see what category you want to try for. That site is also a mine of information, you can also look for Fiance visa info (under partner migration booklet)

I wouldn't get my hopes up really, but the sponsored visa with a bond may be your best shot.

i had thought i was starting to understand

but now i think i've read so much on this site i've forgotten my own direction

basically,

i had a 2 week holiday in december, met girl, went gaga then

came back mid april, have taken extended holiday to be with lady

i would like her to come and stay in aust for as long as poss (6 or 9 mths)

i know b 4 i was told buckleys chance of this, but also read recently some one said

that ppl at oz embassy have been in good mood lately ?

(i.e some ppl have actually managed to snag visa's for gf )

now, i am australian, work on a family farm

without pay, as i have agreement with family to receive land in lieu of cash

will this give me probs to hold up my side of bargain ?

i know family can "give assurance of support"

gf is not working and hasnt for 6 months or so

i'm pretty sure thats a minus on the scoreboard !?

anyhoo, bearing in mind i will do almost anything to get her there

(including tie the knot )

which visa do you think is most suitable ?

also, i notice there are a lot of places that advertise for

marriage visa's for USA and UK , how come none for AUS ?

any agents in bkk to help with this stuff ?

thanks in advance

your all great in my book

stu_$

They will want to see that you can care for her. With no income, how can you take care of her. The longest stay that you might get for her would be a non extendable 3 months.

That's what I was thinking Doc, the sponsored one is non-extendable 3 months. Do you know any influential people, to lobby for you Stu?

It'd take a lot of influence Bronc. The relationship is only of 6 months duration to date. The lack of actual income is a worry too.

I had to look at at the various options when my fiance applied for a visa at the beginning of the year so maybe things have changed now. (and I certainly aren't trying to naysay any of the above)

I was under the impression that you couldn't sponsor your fiance for a Tourist visa.(form 1149 - Who cannot Sponsor? - there are no provisions for fiances, partners of the same sex etc......).

It does say on Form 983i that you that you can be asked to supply evidence of support for other visa classes.

I guess stu_$ could try for a fiance immigration temporary visa but I think you are then meant to marry her in Australia within 9 months (or something like that period). But that seems a bit drastic for such a short relationship.

Having no income is a big problem, maybe you need to have a few more holidays in LOS, and establish evidence of a long-term relationship and then try for a 3 month tourist visa - 9 months for the first visit is a long time for anyone to visit anywhere.

Anyway good luck - if your relationship is what you say it is you will get through the times apart and stand a good chance of getting your girlfriend to Oz.

I had to look at at the various options when my fiance applied for a visa at the beginning of the year so maybe things have changed now. (and I certainly aren't trying to naysay any of the above)

I was under the impression that you couldn't sponsor your fiance for a Tourist visa.(form 1149 - Who cannot Sponsor? - there are no provisions for fiances, partners of the same sex etc......).

It does say on Form 983i that you that you can be asked to supply evidence of support for other visa classes.

I guess stu_$ could try for a fiance immigration temporary visa but I think you are then meant to marry her in Australia within 9 months (or something like that period). But that seems a bit drastic for such a short relationship.

Having no income is a big problem, maybe you need to have a few more holidays in LOS, and establish evidence of a long-term relationship and then try for a 3 month tourist visa - 9 months for the first visit is a long time for anyone to visit anywhere.

Anyway good luck - if your relationship is what you say it is you will get through the times apart and stand a good chance of getting your girlfriend to Oz.

You put your finger on the problem SD. The lady has no job to go back to, and no other compelling reason to return to Thailand after the trip. On paper at least, Stu has no income, and the relationship is of short duration. No Immigration Officer will be excited at facing the prospect and risk of approving a visitor's visa for the Thai.