Red Chanote Green Chanote

Has anyone ever heard of a red chanote as opposed to a green chanote title on property held in the Chiang Rai area (or any other area for that matter ) ? I was told by someone in the military that a red chanote title can be taken back by the military. Does any one have knowledge of this?

Just had a quick look through all our Chanots..land,houses,businesses and condos both in Bangers and CM (and others but )and they are definately all Red.

One bit of land KW bought in the boonies of Saumut Prakan about 20 odd years ago was origionally registered in the local land office well over a hundred years ago and is as said.... Red.

She cant remember ever seeing any other colour...but MK jai... :o

perhaps your military friend was joking.....seems like the military can take back everything in Thailand whenever it wants....as witnessed by the present military dictatorship and how easy it was for them to take over.....

All of ours have red seals. I was told that the red seal means you can do whatever you want with the property.

Red seals is the top grade property deed. The owner is allowed to do anyting with it (building, agriculture, etc)

Changed one green to red before doing the 30 years lease agreement.

All of ours have red seals. I was told that the red seal means you can do whatever you want with the property.

Red seals is the top grade property deed. The owner is allowed to do anyting with it (building, agriculture, etc)

Thank You for the reply. Do you know the restrictions on the green chanote? How do you go about changing a green to red? Does it have anything to do with the military ownership or possible confiscation of property? I would appreciate any feedback from anyone qwho has any knowledge or experience with this subject.

Really the best thing to do to find out for sure is to go to a land office which in Thai is called the krom teedin (krom teedin...krom = chrome like the shiney metal on cars, tee=tea like a hot beverage, din = din like a lot of noise.....chrome tea din) and ask them.

Thank You for the reply. Do you know the restrictions on the green chanote? How do you go about changing a green to red? Does it have anything to do with the military ownership or possible confiscation of property? I would appreciate any feedback from anyone qwho has any knowledge or experience with this subject.

To change a green to red, we applied to the local land office.

It needed them 2-3 months during which time they came a round twice to have a look at the land and the borders

Cost was minimal (a few hundred baht)