HUA HIN IMMIGRATION - Status?

My current stay (Visa Exempt) expires 04 April 20. My flights back to UK were showing 'CANCELLED' at Swampy but 'SUSPENDED' on Emirates website.

Seems likely that I will have to got to Hua Hin Immigration tomorrow and apply for an extension. I have all the paperwork required but need to know what they queues are like.

Are applications currently only at the Main office. BluPort Mall office is closed?

Any tips for extending due to flight cancellations?. I live with my Thai wife.

You would not need anything special for your 30 day extension since it will be your first one.

If married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 extension to visit her. Ask the office if you can get the standard 30 day extension and the 60 day extension incase you need to stay longer than 60 days.

The Blueport office is closed. I am sure the main office is busy. Perhaps ask or look on the Hua Hin forum for info about how busy it is.

• Like 2

Hello,
Only the ground floor is open, at Bluport, only for food.
Immigration may not be so crowded.
In addition, those from Bluport have been transferred to main immigration.
Either way, you have no choice.
Bah! We need to believe.

56 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Make sure that the HuaHin officer understands that this is your FIRST extension, which means that you are entitled to the 30-day or 60-day (in case of married to thai national) with relatively little documentation to support your application.

Those who already used their extension, and need to apply for 'the emergency extension-stay because of covid-19 situation' are less lucky because instead of making it easy for those now 'trapped' in Thailand, IO managed to make it far more difficult.

They treat those in need for the second extension as overstayers even if their visa has not expired yet. I have heard many times that many of the Thai people lack what is called a compassion. People in trouble are treated like criminals.

Thank you all.

I went to H2 Immigration this morning arriving at 0830. Got ticket No 6 (Morning Queue) and told to sit downstairs. Then there was a disconnect. One very busy IO on the downstairs filter desk dealing with missing paperwork from groups, she called Number 2 and they went upstairs then she was caught up in checking paper work but I noticed IOs coming down from upstairs and directing people who arrived after me to the upstairs room. I seemed to be the only person with a yellow queue ticket. After an hour I got up and showed the filter IO my queue card and she glared and pointed upstairs where the queue displays were all OFF and IOs were mumbling numbers to the few waiting applicants. One called out 18 (Hah!) so as soon as she finished with that applicant I showed her my ticket. She shrugged apologetically and processed my request. I left at 1000 so, not too bad. They open two more desks totalling four as I departed. So I assume Facebook had gone down off-line.....