Non O ME - 60 Day Ext / More documents needed or not?

Will this madness ever end? We are in the middle of a global pandemic and the Immigration bureau are still insisting for stranded foreign tourists and expats to jump through hoops to extend their stay. This is the latest list released by Trat Immigration. Look at No. 10 #Thailand

Richard Barrow's tweet today with a picture from Trat immigration. He mentions 'expats' along with tourists.

Can anyone confirm if the requirements for a 60 day extension have changed based on the current situation? I'm on a Non-ME O visa and would be extending at Chaeng Wattana.

Lastly, if I want to do the yearly extension AFTER the 60 day extension, is it possible?

barrow_trat_immi.jpg

barrow_tweet.png

22 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

He mentions 'expats' along with tourists.

Just an error or a misunderstanding. Most people applying are on tourist entries.

In a few rare cases it might be somebody on a non immigrant visa entry that does no qualify for any extension that would have to apply for the special 30 day extension.

23 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

Can anyone confirm if the requirements for a 60 day extension have changed based on the current situation? I'm on a Non-ME O visa and would be extending at Chaeng Wattana.

No problem for you since you qualify for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just an error or a misunderstanding. Most people applying are on tourist entries.

In a few rare cases it might be somebody on a non immigrant visa entry that does no qualify for any extension that would have to apply for the special 30 day extension.

No problem for you since you qualify for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

Just to add, wife went to check what documents are needed for the 60 day extension for visiting my kids. And a new document was needed. Some kind of confirmation from the amphur about my sons birth, not the birth certificate. Something else. Never been asked for that before. I dont know what it is. Hopefully the amphur will be open to deal with it tmrw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmjam said:

Just to add, wife went to check what documents are needed for the 60 day extension for visiting my kids. And a new document was needed. Some kind of confirmation from the amphur about my sons birth, not the birth certificate. Something else. Never been asked for that before. I dont know what it is. Hopefully the amphur will be open to deal with it tmrw.

Can you let us know when you find out? I'd really appreciate it. Are you saying you need this despite being married to a Thai national as well?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Regarding 60 day extension based on marriage. Has anything changed?

This is the first time I will be doing an extension while living in a condo. In the previous marriage I lived in my wife's house so I never had to bring a lease. Now I have to, but I see they also mention signed landlord's ID card. There is a signed driver's license on the lease agreement. Would this be sufficient or does it have to be a Thai ID card?

14 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Would this be sufficient or does it have to be a Thai ID card?

If you landlord is Thai it would have to be their Thai ID card. Some offices also want a copy of their house book.

If not Thai it would be a copy of their passport.

Edit:  After reading the OP again that list is not for a normal 60 day extension. It was for the "corvid extension" and that was a Trat immigration list.

Edited by ubonjoe

15 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Would it be possible to just say I stay with my wife in her house in BKK. The house is in her parent's name. The landlord is not replying to my messages.

You could if she is registered in that house book. Maybe a short note from her parents that you are staying with them.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could if she is registered in that house book. Maybe a short note from her parents that you are staying with them.

Cool. She is registered. Thanks