First extension of stay based on retirement.

Hi all,

I'm currently on a non-O visa single entry marriage from Savannakhet and permitted to stay until 29/04/20 ( 29 april). I am 56 years old and have 800 000 Thb on a fixed account since 17/01/2020 in Bangkok Bank. I would like to apply for an extension of stay based on retirement but not sure when to go to the immigration office in Jomtien. I'm permitted to stay until 29 april. Will they require photos of me in the house, map of where I live? Jomtien immigration.

Thank you and stay healthy.

OP, you may not be aware but your 12 month permission of stay (extension) will be dated from April 29, even if you went for extension tomorrow. You don't lose days. Think it's good to go at least couple weeks early.

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you may not be aware but your 12 month permission of stay (extension) will be dated from April 29, even if you went for extension tomorrow. You don't lose days. Think it's good to go at least couple weeks early.

When I changed like the OP is doing two years ago at Jomtien...they didn't do that, I lost just over two weeks.They told me first so I had the choice to wait but just went ahead and did it...whether its the same or not now OP will find out.Apparently some offices do and some don't.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, baansgr said:

When I changed like the OP is doing two years ago at Jomtien...they didn't do that, I lost just over two weeks.They told me first so I had the choice to wait but just went ahead and did it...whether its the same or not now OP will find out.Apparently some offices do and some don't.

That does no apply in the OP's case. You were changing the reason for your existing extension of stay. He is extending the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rutteketuut said:

Thank you guys, I'm reassured now.

Wait a few days or more until you go to Jomtien Immigration. There are still many tourists applying for their 30 days extensions. I bet it will be much less people there in a week or so. 

• Like 1