Phuket shutdown

Sele1981

I am currently in Patong and feel safe here. Me and my Thai girlfriend only leave the room to buy food. Use masks. This morning she wake me up and told me the phuket government want to close all hotels in Phuket. Or at least are not allowed to accept New customer.

The fun thing is, the Phuket Airport will shut down on April 10th. So what the Phuket government do think where  we tourists who cant get a flight can sleep? We can not exit Phuket by water, land or air. And also we are not allowed to stay in hotels. I am amazed by their wise and well thought decisions.

I have the feeling hate against farang will grow very soon here because the Phuket government try to blame us for the virus instead of themselfes for not shutting down the country way earlier and welcome Wuhan tourists with open arms.

Edited by Sele1981

Well, at least you have been given advance notice to urgently get a flight out of Phuket while seats are still available if you don't want to wait until the airport reopens later. It is up to you.

I am considering to fly to Bangkok and rent a condominium. Phuket or at least Patong makes no sense at this point. Almost everything has been shut down.

I cant estimate how the situation will look in a month or two here in Thailand. That worries me. I mean life has to go on. But I can imagine crime could skyrocket. Especially against tourists.

Edited by Sele1981