Immi open during Songkran?

I think I saw on here somewhere that it WAS going to be open but I didn't pay that much attention as I thought I would go in before that time to get a 60 day extension. However, I keep reading the very slow moving reports that some clemency to visa holders in the lurch will be granted. Thus, I think to wait until next week as my visa expires on the 15th. But....that's all fine and good if Immi is open next week.

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Imm is open. Songkran cancelled.

What leniency? You need attend imm prior to any overstay. 

Don't even get your post.

I don't want to go to a crowded immigration office in the middle of a pandemic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bamboozled said:

I don't want to go to a crowded immigration office in the middle of a pandemic.

You have to go!!!!!! Deal with it! And Songkran is cancelled. Did you not know that??? 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Deal with it?

Unquote

Wait until you are my age (78) with a heart condition and have to be outside in a crowded group of people for more than 2 hours and 35*C

If you have a medical condition get a note from a quack and immigration will allow someone else to go  possibly your wife to get it

Edited by fourpack
  • Like 2

Ah another question. I just took a pic of the wife and I in front of the house and showing the address. It is a selfie however and just shows the house number on the outside wall and our faces, not much more. Does the photo need to show a lot more than that, taken from farther away that shows more of the house in it? This is for the 60 day extension based on Type O marriage. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Ah another question. I just took a pic of the wife and I in front of the house and showing the address. It is a selfie however and just shows the house number on the outside wall and our faces, not much more. Does the photo need to show a lot more than that, taken from farther away that shows more of the house in it? This is for the 60 day extension based on Type O marriage. Thank you.

You do not need photos for a 60 day extension.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fishtank said:

You do not need photos for a 60 day extension.

Oh, I understood differently. But I was looking pretty good in the photo, damn. Great, thanks for the info. I won't waste any more time taking them or worrying about it. Cheers!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Oh, I understood differently. But I was looking pretty good in the photo, damn. Great, thanks for the info. I won't waste any more time taking them or worrying about it. Cheers!

Only needed for 12 month extensions.

Passport and Wife needed for you unless Immigration actually do something about this chaos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wmlc said:

You have to go!!!!!! Deal with it! And Songkran is cancelled. Did you not know that??? 

Or wait a couple of days and see if the PM accepts Immigrations proposal for automatic extensions for everybody with a visa/visa exempt and extensions. If it happens no need to visit any Immigration office.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Or wait a couple of days and see if the PM accepts Immigrations proposal for automatic extensions for everybody with a visa/visa exempt and extensions. If it happens no need to visit any Immigration office.

PM has signed. Hot thread but when I last checked no English translation was available yet.

90 day report waived.

Yes, if you have time left, wait.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

My entry expires April 15 so....I will gladly wait until Monday. I just don't want to be missing something and then have to scramble. Or too many people when I go and I get bumped to the next day. I read on here that Chiang Mai Immi is quite packed so I would be happy to not be a part of that.