Possible To Mix Household And Commercial Items In Container?

helitool

This monday I loaded my machine shop into a 20' container and sent it off to CM. The problem I have is that several smaller pieces of equipment would not fit in the machinery container. We will be shipping a 40' container of household items over which will be duty free (my wife is Thai). Is it posible to load the hydraulic press, metal cutting band saw etc. In with the personal stuff and not have customs go ballistic. I would of course itemize the non-personal items on the invoice and pay duty on them. If it is going to cause problems I will buy these items in Thialand. Anyone had any experience with this sort of scenario?

This monday I loaded my machine shop into a 20' container and sent it off to CM. The problem I have is that several smaller pieces of equipment would not fit in the machinery container. We will be shipping a 40' container of household items over which will be duty free (my wife is Thai). Is it posible to load the hydraulic press, metal cutting band saw etc. In with the personal stuff and not have customs go ballistic. I would of course itemize the non-personal items on the invoice and pay duty on them. If it is going to cause problems I will buy these items in Thialand. Anyone had any experience with this sort of scenario?

You never know with customs. But I'm sure that some sort of a mutually beneficial financial agreement can be reached. Why not just buy what you wanted here? Seems like an expensive hobby.

Thanks for the reply, I have pretty much come to the same conclusion. I have retired and the machinery is being sent to my brother in law in CM who is a machinist and will take over the manufacturing of the products I used to make.

When we made the move to Thailand my wife loaded HER “drill press, table saws, router table, and all “her” other shop equipment in addition to our (her) household goods.

I wanted to also bring my “her” golf cart but our shipping company thought that would be too much. I was very tempted to install a reel style lawn mower to the cart and call the package “my wife’s riding lawn mower”

Jim

When we made the move to Thailand my wife loaded HER “drill press, table saws, router table, and all “her” other shop equipment in addition to our (her) household goods.

I wanted to also bring my “her” golf cart but our shipping company thought that would be too much. I was very tempted to install a reel style lawn mower to the cart and call the package “my wife’s riding lawn mower”

Jim

So, tell me Jim did you get away with it or are you emailing from Bang Kwang prison :o

Ray