Really worried: mi ED Visa expires on 17 april

Hi everyone

I am very concerned about my visa and that of my family. My daughter, wife and I have an ED Visa until April 17. We were going to renew the visa for another year, but the schools are now closed and we cannot do a border run for the whole process of the new ED Visa.

We have a letter from the Spanish embassy to allow us to stay in this exceptional situation. I understand that we cannot take amnesty until April 30, but will we have problems at the Pattaya immigration office or will they extend our time of stay even if our visa runs out and we can no longer renew it until we make a new one?

Is anyone in a situation similar to mine?

• Like 2

Go to Pattaya Immigration with your Embassy letter etc and see what they say

I'm in the same boat as mine finishes at the end of the month so please post back what happens

I think you/we will be granted a extension

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, draconus said:

Thanks so much, i go on tuesday (monday is closed i think) and post here what happens in my situation.

They will be open everyday next week. The Songkran holidays were canceled last month.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, draconus said:

Hi to all, 

thanks for your help. Today go to chonbury inmigration and they confirm we are included in amnesty so until 30 april we don´t have to do anything.

Happy!!!

Best regards

Currently you have a one year extension for studying in Thailand, which ends on 17th April?

Edited by jackdd

35 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Currently you have a one year extension for studying in Thailand, which ends on 17th April?

They stated they have go out for a new non-ed visa which indicates they are attending a informal school that allows 90 day extension for year from the day the entered the country using a non-ed visa. After the year the have go out of the country to get a new single entry non-ed visa to start another year of study.

That is why they qualify to stay under the ministerial order.