Honda Steed

Lithobid

I noticed Chong Dee motor cycle in Phuket town has a Honda Steed for sale. He want's 250,000BHT for it. I bought a bike from him before, and it was in great shape, this Honda steed has about 7,800km on it, and looks pristine, is that a good asking price? Does anyone know anything about him or his previous dealings?

Never know when you're getting ripped off, but someone told me that he overprices, I don't know the difference, though all his bikes are Japan imports and I know there's a heavy tax on that.

Any info Let me know.

Cheers.

I noticed Chong Dee motor cycle in Phuket town has a Honda Steed for sale. He want's 250,000BHT for it. I bought a bike from him before, and it was in great shape, this Honda steed has about 7,800km on it, and looks pristine, is that a good asking price? Does anyone know anything about him or his previous dealings?

Never know when you're getting ripped off, but someone told me that he overprices, I don't know the difference, though all his bikes are Japan imports and I know there's a heavy tax on that.

Any info Let me know.

Cheers.

It seems a lot of money for a Honda Steed but it could depend on the engine size. The Km is low so it could be a relatively newish bike but I think the Steed went out of production in 2002 or 2003 so the Km I would very much doubt.

All of these bikes are assembled after being shipped in as spare parts; I have seen several for sale in Bangkok for under100K that look good but the max price I have seen in 140K and that was one hel_l of a nice bike .

There is a well-respected dealer off Srinakarin Road in Bangkok that specialize in Steed and Shadows. He is located on Soi Watt Nam Deang, it’s the first left turning after foodland as you travel towards Samut Prakan.

The Bike shop is about 2Km down the Soi and is on your left.

Good luck

The bike is a 400, and I'm not sure of the year, I'll check again. A lot of people in phuket say that he's way over, but maybe there is price inflation in Phuket. I know a lot of other things are more expensive down here. How do I get him to come down is my other question. Right now I'm driving a Rebel 250 that he wanted 140 for. Again it had 7 on in and now it's around 11. What should the trade in be, it was only a few months ago, maybe 3-4. But it was legit deal place, green book and all.

Keep goin

for a 400 its WAY!!!!!!!!!! over the top. For 250k you canget an awful lot of bike. Try looking elsewhere as Phuket is very pricey. Too many farang with money wanting big bikes equals big mark up. I got my Yamaha XV Virago 1000cc for 90k and spent maybe 30k on new tyres and chroming. Now got a nice bike so look about.Joining a bike club will get you contactsand let you know whats about. PM me with what you want and budget and I'll ask about. Stay upright Dunc

Any info Let me know.

Cheers.

Go to www.mocyc.com and type in Steed in the search classifieds. 250,000 is about double,but then 140,000 for a Rebel is way over the top as well.