Tourist Visa Reporting

I am eligible for the recently past tourist visa amnesty until 01 April. Do I need to do a location checkin with immigration. I believe it's available on line. If yes, a link would be appreciated. I can only find reference to 90 day checkin.

This is great news after spending 2 full days lined up at Chiang Khan and never getting my number called. All I wanted was a 30 day tourist extension.

The delay was due to immigration officers giving preference to Laoations because border was closed and that they pay 2000 baht to have their applications filled in by Immigration officers. And of course the mandatory closure for lunch.

During my two days of pain. The immigration officers contempt for farangs was palpable. My wife was telling me the staff were saying some pretty rude things about other farangs present. No doubt me included. 

Such a shame. I've aways loved Thailand. But over last few years experiences like this and reading others misfortunes really sours my opinion. 

Thanks 

Edited by happyaussie

7 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

Do I need to do a location checkin with immigration.

There is no location check in you need to do anywhere as far as I know.

There was one for those under a 14 day quarantine after entering the country.

22 hours ago, happyaussie said:

During my two days of pain. The immigration officers contempt for farangs was palpable. My wife was telling me the staff were saying some pretty rude things about other farangs present. No doubt me included. 

Such a shame. I've aways loved Thailand. But over last few years experiences like this and reading others misfortunes really sours my opinion. 

This attitude is rare among normal Thais, who understand exactly why we are allowed to be here - because our spending supports millions of Thai incomes. 

But there is a faction within Immigration (not all) and other govt depts (some amphoes, for example) who do not care one bit about the well-being of ordinary Thai citizens (especially rural), and actively hate us for:

1. Being here - poisoning their country with our perspectives and genes
  2. Providing a way for "undeserving Thais" to have a better life than a bare-subsistence existence.
Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1