The United States is reporting 20,000 coronavirus deaths, more than any other country

gargamon

8 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

According to the US CDC, in the 2017-2018 flu season approximately 45,000,000 Americans caught the flu, not including those who were a symptomatic (i.e. those showing no symptoms) with approximately 30,000 deaths as a result (mostly the old and infirm). The numbers are similar for the 2018-2019 flu season (~35,000,000 infected with 34,000 deaths).

Keep trying Hank   ????       Much easier to dismiss posts like this and just say  ITS TRUMP !

EDIT:   PLEASE ,  people should not think that I like or vote for Trump.  I have

never voted.   To me,  they are all the same.  Yes, obama too,  and all the other

faces they pull out of the hat.   One thing i have to agree with , is those that say how stupid most people are.   Ruled like sheep by powerful forces .  And we fight amongst ourselves   555       

Edited by rumak
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

US has the most (reported) deaths in the world, is that also because of testing more ?

It's obviously a factor. If you don't test sick patients or the deceased during autopsy for coronavirus, they will not be counted in the death rate. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

You may be right.   But how about the other 4,567,288 politicians, educators, experts, and lets

not forget media propagandists that are feeding you "facts".

Are you ignorant of them ?    For me BS is easy to see .   Now real truths and facts?   Hmmmm.

If that were easy,   then those 4,567,288  geniuses would all agree,  wouldn't they?

Could it possibly be that it is their ignorance talking,  or even more likely, their AGENDA ?

I think to be fair we can't expect perfection from anybody in the moment because the constantly changing situation is new for everybody. But what we can expect and even demand is that everybody does their best, tells the truth and is not shy to admit mistakes.

There are facts we know about the virus (i.e. how people get infected, typical symptoms, etc.) and there are things we don't know (yet). Nobody should pretend there is some drug which cures the disease. Nobody should pretend a vaccine might be available this year.

I look only at media which over the years reported mostly accurate. I.e. the BBC is pretty good (but obviously not perfect) Al Jazeera has also lot of good articles. I don't care about fox and even worse "news" because they are well known for telling mostly lies.

We can choose to ignore the people and organizations with a bad agenda. Sometimes this is obviously difficult to spot but sometimes it's pretty obvious.

• Like 1

My problem with all of this is that they should always use the word 'reported' when they don't. If anyone believes the China numbers, given the lack of info we can get out of them, they're delusional. 

All the MSM has to do to redeem themselves is get a few reporters into China and report some facts. Alas that would be real journalism and not what we get today.

We constantly see all the warts and all from open societies, and we bicker back and forth while the truth in closed societies is probably much worse, and if reported accurately could possibly pull us closer during this mess.

Edited by frantick
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, frantick said:

My problem with all of this is that they should always use the word 'reported' when they don't. If anyone believes the China numbers, given the lack of info we can get out of them, they're delusional. 

All the MSM has to do to redeem themselves is get a few reporters into China and report some facts. Alas that would be real journalism and not what we get today.

We constantly see all the warts and all from open societies, and we bicker back and forth while the truth in closed societies is probably much worse, and if reported accurately could possibly pull us closer during this mess.

And of course, we must believe you when you claim MSM don't use the world 'reported' and don't have any critical attitude when information comes from China.

As for your suggestion, the problem is simply that they are not allowed by the Chinese government to investigate.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:15 AM, Peterw42 said:

Who in the world has a vested interest in making the figures higher than they are ?????

Governments, media, all over the world want the figures to be lower, if they can pin the deaths to another cause, they would.

Its tin foil hat stuff to think anything else.

Democrat supporting state administrations do. It's pretty obvious.