Distributor or 2nd hand reseller of large wood working machines? Table saws, planers, etc. ?

MangoPineappleBanana

Was hoping someone from ChiangMai or someone more familiar with Bangkok(2nd hand auction houses/distributors/importers) could chime in and point me in the direction of larger wood working machines. I have found the Krieng Thai Watana group, the main Makita shop over in Bang Khun Thian, but aside from a 20" planer they dont have THAT much of industrial sized machine selection. I am looking for planers/jointers/drum sanders of much larger size.

At last resort I'll just have to go visit or cold call each of the wood working shops over in Bang Pho and ask them where they bought their planer 20 years ago????

"World Machine" on the Trad Rd. close to BITEC has mostly metalworking stuff but they do have some used woodworking equipment. Everything is industrial grade.

Most everything they sell is used, but they do sell a decent line of metalworking band and cold-saws (Bomar?) and high quality blades.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:13 AM, Yellowtail said:

"World Machine" on the Trad Rd. close to BITEC has mostly metalworking stuff but they do have some used woodworking equipment. Everything is industrial grade.

Most everything they sell is used, but they do sell a decent line of metalworking band and cold-saws (Bomar?) and high quality blades.

I had heard of them from someone else actually and called the other day but no machine for wood:/ A large planer shouldn't be that hard to find, i know guys in vietnam that found them quite easily from their local used equipment reseller(buying new typically means importing).

32 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No it does not as I have given you the information already 

Sigh. I understand you can buy a 20" planer here in Thailand, I have seen lots of them. I have not yet found an industrial sized one like i'm used to seeing in the US or European shops, or a large drum sander. I need both. For very different tasks. Our current router sled can handle slabs the size we need but would like to speed up the process by eliminating router sled and belt sander. 

1 hour ago, MangoPineappleBanana said:

I have not yet found an industrial sized one like i'm used to seeing in the US or European shops, or a large drum sander.

How big is industrial sized?

How large is a large dum sander?

A 20” thicknesser Weighing 430kg is hardly anything but industrial 

as is a 22/44 drum sander that weighs 115kg

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

How big is industrial sized?

How large is a large dum sander?

A 20” thicknesser Weighing 430kg is hardly anything but industrial 

as is a 22/44 drum sander that weighs 115kg

I guess I have seen 12" and 20" planers quite often in craftsman's personal shops thinking that if you truly need a planer as a craftsman that's the size most buy. I am not such, this is for a large table factory. And industrial sizing isn't typically about weight, I would judge by width no? With several google searches and calls around bangkok I have still not found planers capable of the size tables we work with, 120cm and up. As for the 22/44 sander you suggested, i did find a few shops selling the one made by Jet, thats the brand I've used and seen more commonly in the states. But still can't find larger than this, again, allowing us to run 120cm+ tables and save loads on the arms with belt sander. 

Edited by MangoPineappleBanana

30 minutes ago, MangoPineappleBanana said:

I guess I have seen 12" and 20" planers quite often in craftsman's personal shops thinking that if you truly need a planer as a craftsman that's the size most buy. I am not such, this is for a large table factory. And industrial sizing isn't typically about weight, I would judge by width no? With several google searches and calls around bangkok I have still not found planers capable of the size tables we work with, 120cm and up. As for the 22/44 sander you suggested, i did find a few shops selling the one made by Jet, thats the brand I've used and seen more commonly in the states. But still can't find larger than this, again, allowing us to run 120cm+ tables and save loads on the arms with belt sander. 

At that sort of size I would guess that it is likely to be several million per machine unless you can find someone who has just gone bankrupt.  Something with a nice 25hp 3phase motor 

looking around the net i found http://sirikraimachinery.com/page/product/en which has some serious looking machines.

Click on the various links in Thai to see their products.

http://sirikraimachinery.com/subcategory/-เครื่องตัด/3/en

Earlier i found another company with a name starting with Raja in KhonKaen supplying wood working industrial machines. It was a basic site with no breakdown of machinery so I didn't save it.

Edited by Farma
extra info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Farma said:

looking around the net i found http://sirikraimachinery.com/page/product/en which has some serious looking machines.

Earlier i found another company with a name starting with Raja in KhonKaen supplying wood working industrial machines. It was a basic site with no breakdown of machinery so I didn't save it.

It looks like you have nailed it

sander5FB4ADA0-081D-4B33-BD6A-8FFA205A8938.thumb.png.ebc99b91ea7e89a87ffa2e092acbb39b.png

probably a planer thicknesser but I don’t read Thai 

C23B5CF5-BD62-44AC-8CDC-A236AB4ED94E.thumb.png.a24474987a3566ceca5df928fe9b3dbf.png

or a CNCDF6344A4-F9A1-46B5-88CE-C78835EEB5A9.thumb.png.4e5a5b5b56ccc72fb10723200003480f.png

On 4/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, Farma said:

Heya thanks, that looks like a promising company. Again, as I said earlier, it would likely require importing. Just as the machines from Sirikrai Machinery are. They do not have stock on hand of hundreds of drumsanders just waiting to be bought unfortunately, good thing I only need one. But even that would require lots of waiting with a high price tag.

It would be really cool if anyone had a contact for 2nd hand wood working equipment still, as that is where i'm thinking i'll find my industrial sized drum sander & planer that don't have pricetags above $100k, AND require waiting 6 weeks for import. I'm thinking will have better luck asking some shops in khonkaen/changmai/chonburi as those seem to be where a lot of woodworkers/sellers are, if anyone knows of any shops in their neighborhood that use such machines please ask!