Ways To Improve Your Quality Of Posts

sunshine13

1. dont use emoticons unless its very obvious what you are trying to say, like the smiley ones. I often see the emoticans such as rollseyes and I am not sure what you are trying to say. Personally, I think emoticons are stupid. But whatever.

2. use google and the search function before posting

3. dont make your signature something dumb like your screenname. Do you really need to sign every post Naka when your name is Naka on here? Doesnt make much sense.

4. Read the entire thread and respond to comments made in the thread instead of just making a one liner to the original post that has probably already been stated.

5. if you dont have something interesting or funny to say, dont bother posting because it clutters the board.

Thanks. I like this forum and want to make it better.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. dont use emoticons unless its very obvious what you are trying to say, like the smiley ones. I often see the emoticans such as rollseyes and I am not sure what you are trying to say. Personally, I think emoticons are stupid. But whatever.

:o

1. dont use emoticons unless its very obvious what you are trying to say, like the smiley ones. I often see the emoticans such as rollseyes and I am not sure what you are trying to say. Personally, I think emoticons are stupid. But whatever. You are of course entitled to your opinion. So am I, try using Google to discover what emoticons mean!!

2. use google and the search function before posting Agreed, althought the forum search can be somewhat esoteric in its operation.

3. dont make your signature something dumb like your screenname. Do you really need to sign every post Naka when your name is Naka on here? Doesnt make much sense. Why not, you sign snail mail letters with your name don't you?

4. Read the entire thread and respond to comments made in the thread instead of just making a one liner to the original post that has probably already been stated. Agreed in part, but one-liners can help keep a thread current.

5. if you dont have something interesting or funny to say, dont bother posting because it clutters the board. See 4.

Thanks. I like this forum and want to make it better. So do I, but a board without the oddballs and crazies is decidedly boring.

6. I often find a couple of Changs 'improves' the quality of my posts, try it sometime, and for farks sake, lighten up. Whilst many serious subjects are covered all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

:o:D:D:bah::D:D:bah:

EDIT Ballcocks, I just got this error

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

3. dont make your signature something dumb like your screenname. Do you really need to sign every post Naka when your name is Naka on here? Doesnt make much sense.

4. Read the entire thread and respond to comments made in the thread instead of just making a one liner to the original post that has probably already been stated.

5. if you dont have something interesting or funny to say, dont bother posting because it clutters the board.

Thaks for your input.

I like to use the forum as an outlet for my dull, unwitty, cynical point of views. Sometimes if I have something poignant to say, whilst I am writing posts, well, I just write it because I feel like writing it. If someone gets some positive information out of that great. If not, I am certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. Maybe everybody else understands the emoticons, I don't. I see a smiley face going in all directions, & if that is how I feel at the moment, I will add it to my post. :D

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I like this forum & I want everybody to retain their "net" personalities as much as possible. So, I think, a little of the "mai bpen rai" attitude with regards to board clutter would be in order. Obviously, if there is six pages of useless banter, feel free to make a complaint. Just remember, this is the general section, where topics tend to migrate whichever way the wind is blowing. If you want a specific answer to a specific question a sub-forum might be more appropriate. :o

Cheers,

Soundman.

I do like it when people use this emotion in a post it always puts a smile on my face,

MM

I do like it when people use this emotion in a post it always puts a smile on my face,

:D

MM

This is my favourite. :o

MM

What emoticon is that anyway?

A DJ with bouncing balls? Don't all DJ's have bouncing balls?

Soundman.

He thinks the sunshines out his arse. :D:D

Gender is not set, could be he, she or it :D

NOTE TO ADMIN - as this is a Thailand oriented board, shouldn't, 'katoey' be available as a gender?? :D

Crossy I get so used to seeing you on the visa forum, however - a sense of humour - been a while coming!! :o

Soundman.

What emoticon is that anyway?

A DJ with bouncing balls? Don't all DJ's have bouncing balls?

Soundman.

It's called intheclub.gif link to it here

[img=http://www.smileygenerator.us/community/searchsmiley/i/music-intheclub.gif]

Please mail me your current catalogue, I need some equipment to make my balls bounce :o

music-intheclub.gif

More fun custom smileys here :- http://www.smileygenerator.us/t/index.php

Edited by Crossy

i agree totally with the OP.

# 1. = smileys suck big time so top mucking around will ya. :o:D:bah: :bah: :D :D

# 3 = ok naka, no more sighning off with naka and now its naka's ok. (as in goolies) ;)

# 5 = what about my top joke that goes like this. ( your about as funny as a blowfly on a soi dogs arse. :o ) is that ok?

thank you very much as i like this forum too and do make it better, dont i punting friends. :D

Welcome aboard Professor Sunshine ! Thaivisa need lecturers like you. :o

LaoPo

Why did you post then ? :D

:D

You forgot...

#6. Only post when someone else's comments push your hot buttons, and you become enraged or out of control. It gives more firepower to your flaming, spices up your vocabulary, attracts extraordinary attention to yourself, and can put you in direct touch with these endemic creatures called 'moderators.'

I wanted to post something funny.

Then I realised I'm not funny at all, and decided against it.

So this is not a post : :o

It's an emoticon and I don't know what it means.

If you think this is not funny, I told you so!

Not signed because I want to stay anonymous