Ways To Improve Your Quality Of Posts

sunshine13

I think the op has a point. This whole forum is very disorderly, lacking in self discipline and full of troublemakers. I would like to see a return to Victorian principles too. :D

Does that mean we'll have to wear ties when posting? :D

Old school of course, Harrow will do but preferably Eton.

Yours sincerely.

Philip Harries BSc, PhD, AFAIK, DSC and Bar :o etc etc.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the op has a point. This whole forum is very disorderly, lacking in self discipline and full of troublemakers. I would like to see a return to Victorian principles too. :D

Does that mean we'll have to wear ties when posting? :o

And shoes and socks, peasant. Let's have some order here. :D

Edited by qwertz

I think sunshine has his answer. You can't change the character of a forum, you can only learn to fit in and appreciate the message people are sending, which can be a anything from a cry for help and advice, a general whinge or a screwed up view of the world. With the member count now in five figures there's no way to impose more than very flexible standards. The mods have enough to do just keeping it PC so sunshine's going to have to take it or leave. One thing to keep in mind is that it's a free service which most of us appreciate.

P.S. (abbreviation for post scriptum)Sunshine, I left out my emoticons and hope that my post is up to your exacting standards.

Edited by qwertz

I think sunshine has his answer. You can't change the character of a forum, you can only learn to fit in and appreciate the message people are sending, which can be a anything from a cry for help and advice, a general whinge or a screwed up view of the world. With the member count now in five figures there's no way to impose more than very flexible standards. The mods have enough to do just keeping it PC so sunshine's going to have to take it or leave. One thing to keep in mind is that it's a free service which most of us appreciate.

P.S. (abbreviation for post scriptum)Sunshine, I left out my emoticons and hope that my post is up to your exacting standards.

:o

No problem, here's one to make up for your missed one! Oops.....and one for me........ :D ......so 'Sunshine' can stick it where da sun don't shine!

sunshine13...you made my day! :D Come over and pick up your well-deserved "entertaining Newbie of the month" award. :o Keep up the good job, after some four years onthe board I finally know what was wrong about my posts... :D

raro oops...sorry! :D

1. dont use emoticons unless its very obvious what you are trying to say, like the smiley ones. I often see the emoticans such as rollseyes and I am not sure what you are trying to say. Personally, I think emoticons are stupid. But whatever.

2. use google and the search function before posting

3. dont make your signature something dumb like your screenname. Do you really need to sign every post Naka when your name is Naka on here? Doesnt make much sense.

4. Read the entire thread and respond to comments made in the thread instead of just making a one liner to the original post that has probably already been stated.

5. if you dont have something interesting or funny to say, dont bother posting because it clutters the board.

Thanks. I like this forum and want to make it better.

THANK YOU

...ups sorry i think this is not interesting

...ups i just did it again...

I BETTER GO...

GLAUKA

oh gosh and again... I can´t help it sorry... :D

...AND AGAIN....

at least i think i used capital letters right... :D

1. dont use emoticons unless its very obvious what you are trying to say, like the smiley ones. I often see the emoticans such as rollseyes and I am not sure what you are trying to say. Personally, I think emoticons are stupid. But whatever.

2. use google and the search function before posting

3. dont make your signature something dumb like your screenname. Do you really need to sign every post Naka when your name is Naka on here? Doesnt make much sense.

4. Read the entire thread and respond to comments made in the thread instead of just making a one liner to the original post that has probably already been stated.

5. if you dont have something interesting or funny to say, dont bother posting because it clutters the board.

Thanks. I like this forum and want to make it better.

Yes Katoey should be a gender choice on here..

One of the most prolific posters on here was one and it appeared he/she had lots of PMS from desparate TV ers looking to hook up. :o

He thinks the sunshines out his arse. :D:D

Gender is not set, could be he, she or it :D

NOTE TO ADMIN - as this is a Thailand oriented board, shouldn't, 'katoey' be available as a gender?? :D

A man works for a career, breeds six kids, retires, does some voluntary work, grows a ponytail, moves to Thailand, gets a boyfriend, teaches school, wrecks motorcycles, gets old, etc., and wonders what he might leave to posterity. Okay, if that's all I've done, so be it. hippielennonci0.gif

Wait until you hit your mid-life crises, then things will start happening. :o