Where do you help stray dogs ? How do you help stray dogs ?

hello,

I visited this temple and dogs need our help:

Do you know any other temple or place where dogs are dying around Pattaya ?

Look at Pattaya temple Ocean Sanctuary, Chittaphawan Monks College there:

https://goo.gl/maps/19cHDRF6RricgzVS6

This temple is far from everywhere without shops and people around, I guess this is why dogs are dying there.

But if you know any other place around Pattaya where dogs need help, please tell us ?

thank you.

47 minutes ago, colinneil said:

ReLo how many more topics are you going to come up with regarding stray dogs?

People are starving/ struggling to survive the present crisis, and all you can talk about is damn dogs.

All stray dogs should be rounded up and euthanized.

When i go out on my mobility scooter, it is a bloody nightmare trying to avoid aggressive stray dogs.

I have to carry a bamboo stick to ward the strays off, yet you want people like me to donate money/ food for them........... No way jose.

This is Thailand, they are not going to be euthanized. So if you want to get rid of stray dogs donate to have them neutered. 

And don't forget the people too. Although for some it might be better to get neuterd, people  will be happier with donations of food etc.

• Like 1

I don't like to see any creature starve, but, I also don't like packs of them trying to bite my car tyres chasing me down the road. LOS does have rabies.......In all, the dogs with no home are a problem.  ????

Edited by transam
  • Haha 2

There are dog rescue places and some run by individuals who taken on much of the burden of expense on their own. 

I know a Thai lady who has dedicated her life and funds to doing this. I make donations and if you want to also, PM me and I will pass along her name and the name of the rescue center... people do go and volunteer time and assistance also, if you would like to help out. 

• Like 1

Most if not all dogs you see in the streets are not homeless and abandonded dogs buteither have a real "owner" or somebody (likely not one but more ppl) in the street taking care of the dog.

Thailand is very friendly towards dogs. Thais takecare of dogs and dont treat them harshly, just look at the dogs in front of the 7-11, or the dogs hanging aroundstreet vendors, who wait for a free snack.

Like we can see from many comments here,many farang are basically <deleted>holes with little compassion for streetdogs.

Just remember, these dogs are born in Thailand and have more right to live in Thailand than the farang with a visa. 

Lastly, Thais take care of dogs, so ifind it hard to believe "dogs are dying" , maybe a scam ("donate money to save the dogs!") i dont know.

Just leave the dogs alone, they dont need to be put in a dog shelter nortaken care of by farangs who use these dogs to get big money donations.

• Like 2

That is a bit cynical. Morst organisations only take care of animals that really need taking care of, or of their puppies or kittens. Healthy animals they Trap, Neuter and Release again. It are really the animals that are sick and wounded that are taken in. Some provide healthcare for poor owners of animals too. So they do leave healthy animals alone and theycheck if the animal has a mother or belongs to someone. As you say, some animals might not have an owner but are well taken care of. We did that together with the neighbours with a stray dog in our community too, until it died last year. It was fed and taken to the doctor when sick.

Projects grow out of hand and cost big money to opperate. They are depend on volunteers and donations, both have dried up because no more tourists.

Your comment about farangs ingnors the fact that there are also many projects and facebook groups of Thai people helping sick and needy animals. 

If there are people making profit, than it are the volunteer agencies that charge money to place a volunteer in a project.

• Like 1