Thai netizens outraged over woman’s claims she barbecued endangered wildcat

webfact

Thai netizens outraged over woman’s claims she barbecued endangered wildcat

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Netizens were shocked after a woman posted a picture of a dead wildcat on Facebook saying they were going to barbecue the animal and serve it up in a nice spicy dish. 

The animal is a protected species. 

Sanook said it was claimed that it was an "e-hen" or palm civet but in reality was a leopard cat or "maew dao".

A national park taskforce was soon on the case. 

They believed they had tracked down four people responsible for the posts but this was later narrowed to two - a woman in Betong, Yala, and someone believed to be her relative. 

They will face serious charges if and when they are caught.

The Facebook post and page have since been deleted.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-15
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Shurely shome mishtake, going on the events that lead the fat controller of Italian Thai to going to court.

I just hope the police wai them the same when they 'request' them to attend any police station, and give them bail to allow the DNA of any suspicious creature to pass through their body.

No?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Shurely shome mishtake, going on the events that lead the fat controller of Italian Thai to going to court.

I just hope the police wai them the same when they 'request' them to attend any police station, and give them bail to allow the DNA of any suspicious creature to pass through their body.

No?

exactly my first thought

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

I thought they had been identified. So why this "if" and "when"? Have they fled? Or are the authorities hoping to catch them in the act of cooking?

I really hope they book her and her "relative" soon and hit them hard. And if they claim ignorance of the law (i.e. that the cat was a protected species), double their sentence. There have been enough past cases published in the national media for them to know better.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They believed they had tracked down four people responsible for the posts but this was later narrowed to two - a woman in Betong, Yala, and someone believed to be her relative

I'll do something illegal... and post it to the world on FB ???

????